Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

Default Wholesale/trade value for a Roadtrek?

I'm looking to find a realistic trade/wholesale price for a 2010 Chevy Roadtrek. I searched a lot on the forum and online but not much turned up. With the Roadtrek market still a bit in flux due to all the restructurings and stuff, I'm not sure if the publicly available NADA online retail prices are realistic to today's market. Some online info I saw said to take "low retail," not including any options, and deduct ~10% to get trade value.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Or if someone actually has access to the NADA or KBB RV wholesale book and can help me out, that would be amazing.

Thanks!
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum BeeDub!

I haven't looked at Kelly BB or NADA values recently. But 3 years ago when I was shopping for my class b, I found those websites to be little to no help.

Maybe they are more accurate for trailers or class A's, but they were way off from prices I was seeing on class b listings. I also remember them asking for options and capacities that may apply to some rv's, but not to any class b I had ever seen.

During the year I was looking, I shopped rvtrader.co and other sites frequently. We finally found our model listed about $10k less than most similar listings, made them a slightly lower offer, and pulled the trigger.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes, that's the issue I'm having. Prices are all over the place for Roadtreks given the recent company volatility so it's hard to know what to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum BeeDub!

I haven't looked at Kelly BB or NADA values recently. But 3 years ago when I was shopping for my class b, I found those websites to be little to no help.

Maybe they are more accurate for trailers or class A's, but they were way off from prices I was seeing on class b listings. I also remember them asking for options and capacities that may apply to some rv's, but not to any class b I had ever seen.

During the year I was looking, I shopped rvtrader.co and other sites frequently. We finally found our model listed about $10k less than most similar listings, made them a slightly lower offer, and pulled the trigger.

Good luck.
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
Platinum Member

It seems class b prices are at an all time high, and were when we bought 2-1/2 yrs. ago. Even when we found a unit $10k under what similar units were asking for, we paid too much in my opinion. But we liked the unit we considered it the price we had to pay to play.

That works for you if you're a seller.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #5

Default What model do you have?

A dealer won’t generally value options. Their floor plan company doesn’t finance them. There have been a few Roadtreks go through auction lately. What model do you have?
J__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
Gold Member

This is not a drect answer to your question.
PPL motorhomes has historically brokered or bought then resold a lot of Class Bs including Roadtreks PLUS listed the sale prices in their web site. This MIGHT give you some idea of the used value of your Roadtrek if you took a percentage off for outright sale and a bigger percentage off for selling to a dealer.

There probably is no fixed value for a used Class B because some people just want to buy and get it over with when they fall in love with whatever they want and others work hard at getting the "best deal".

BJ
Bjones7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:27 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Default Used models are all based on condition.....

It's all condition, records and regional locales..... remember that Southern California vehicles command some of the highest prices because they are NOT in the weather conditions of the northeast or other humid climates. Same thing with cars.....

Also, in case you didn't know, NADA doesn't count total mileage on diesels. .. lot of people don't understand this...

I think it's true that Class B's are in much higher demand and there's just less of them on the market...

Buying new??? Prepare for a large amount of money.... and steep depreciation... double whammy.....

It's better to purchase used and pay cash if you are able to do so..... even an older financed RV over 20 years will cost double what you paid, whatever that is....

Good luck.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:14 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Also, in case you didn't know, NADA doesn't count total mileage on diesels. .. lot of people don't understand this...
Apparently NADA doesn't understand this, either. You have made this claim over and over again, so I decided to check. Here is what I found:

NADA1.png

NADA 2.png

User contributed data are the heart of this list, but just making stuff up really isn't very helpful. (and, no, they aren't gasoline Sprinters).
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:57 AM   #9
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post

Good luck.
NADA might not count milage but they are not the ones buying your RV, tell the rv dealer or whoever you are trying to sell it to that high milage on your diesel doesn't matter because NADA says so. Let me know how that works out.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:27 AM   #10

Default Inconvenient

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Apparently NADA doesn't understand this, either. You have made this claim over and over again, so I decided to check. Here is what I found:

Attachment 8795

Attachment 8796

User contributed data are the heart of this list, but just making stuff up really isn't very helpful. (and, no, they aren't gasoline Sprinters).
I'm not making this up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NADA value doesn't count mileage for diesels.jpg (195.5 KB, 19 views)
Roadtrek Adventurous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:54 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventurous RS1 View Post
I'm not making this up.
Please send your links. Here is mine:

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2011...-High-Roof/Zip

You may repeat my experiment.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventurous RS1 View Post
I'm not making this up.
Interesting.

Here is the link I used:

You may repeat my experiment. Apparently the difference is that your link is RV-specifc. You said "diesels". I guess you meant "diesel RVs". Not sure what the distinction they are making is, but apparently it isn't simply Diesel engines per se. So, apparently they consider mileage one Sprinters if they are passenger vans, but not if they have been uplifted.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Default You should be happy about this, after all, you have a Mercedes Benz Sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Interesting.

Here is the link I used:

You may repeat my experiment. Apparently the difference is that your link is RV-specifc. You said "diesels". I guess you meant "diesel RVs". Not sure what the distinction they are making is, but apparently it isn't simply Diesel engines per se. So, apparently they consider mileage one Sprinters if they are passenger vans, but not if they have been uplifted.
Here's the link.... your explanation above is not working for me.. and it's inconsistent with the NADA website below which is pretty clear on RVs with diesel engines .. there's nothing ambiguous here.... and this is an RV forum.

And, you should be extremely pleased with this news, it benefits you.....

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Motorhomes

Look, you have a Sprinter.... and service miles is the cornerstone of good value... the more miles you actually drive reduces the total cost per mile.... I'm always amazed that people will tell me how proud they are of having a super low mileage vehicle as if it were a "maturing bond.". It isn't. They would say something like I've had the vehicle for 20 years and it only has 50,000 miles... Well, people like that are paying the highest cost per mile to have a mostly driveway ornament. As you know, it's the total amount of money divided by the number of miles traveled that really counts.

In the past, you have not been generous with your remarks about my "trusted RV shop/mechanic".... I don't appreciate your jumping to conclusions here again about the value of having a diesel.

And, when I told you that I have friends who drove 400,000 miles on their diesels I wasn't kidding about that either.. you can believe it is or not.... that's your choice. I know the truth.

Look, the whole reason I decided to purchase a diesel was for the longevity and the service... despite what others just say... diesel engines definitely last longer ....IF you take care of them...... NOTHING lasts a long time if they are neglected.....

SO.. drive your vehicle and enjoy it...yeah, I know all about the emissions... please don't bring this up again....I'm just dealing with it,..

And, I know that you love your FOUR cylinder . It's a twin turbo diesel and I'm sure it performs great..... those guys at Mercedes Benz are pretty smart to design something so small that can move a large motorhome.

I see Sprinters on the web selling with mileage over 100,000 miles all the time.... mileage is just one factor....

Time is more important than mileage, in my opinion....I'd rather have a later model vehicle with more miles than a really old vehicle that someone claims is a "creampuff".....
Finally, service records and overall condition is a key factor... you know when someone has taken care of a vehicle....by the way it drives and looks.

I purchased my Sprinter with 26,000 miles almost 3 years ago and now have almost 50,000 miles... we're using it... it's not going to do me any good to try and preserve it like some kind of "museum piece".....

People obsessed with "low mileage" are not getting the full value" of the vehicle they paid so dearly for.... that's not going to be me....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200223_133059.jpg (305.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200217_121605.jpg (242.8 KB, 6 views)
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Here's the link.... your explanation above is not working for me..
What isn't working for you? You can replicate the result I posted simply by following the link I posted. There is no opinion involved.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #15
Bud
Platinum Member

I have Not clicked on the Nada links above, but I'm going to assume for the moment that mileage is not taken into account. The point is if 2 different 2015 sprinters had different mileages the values are still not the same. Most of us would pay more for one with 15,000 miles vs 115,000 miles.

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1, I found it interesting that you have such an interest in diesel longevity that you just may not realize the full potential at your present mileage rate, although maybe a transmission. It will be beyond the year 2050 concerning the engine. Your B will be old prior to even needing needing a new transmission, and you don't appear to want an old B.

What do you think you might do down the road?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:46 PM   #16

Default Roadtrek Interest

Not sure if you are still looking for a 2010 Roadtrek, However, if you are, please feel free to message me. Thanks!
Jbird is offline   Reply With Quote