Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 01:35 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Will Coachman add Volta package to CrossFit?

We’ve been taking a good look at the Coachman CrossFit but having just checked out the new Travato with the Volta package, and the Aktiv we still like the Transit chassis.
With that in mind does anyone know if Coachman have any plans to update the Crossfit with a Volta style electrical package as well as updating the floor plan when/if the parking brake handle is removed?

Thanks for any intel.
Britmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #2

I hope they offer a similar solution. The Crossfit is on my short list and this option would make a great upgrade. Fingers crossed... Also hoping for a white or silver exterior color choice.
Markwnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #3
Bronze Member

I believe the color choice is only what Ford offer for the basic van chassis. I presume if you want a particular color you can order it.
I’ve been following Coachman recently and they seem to be quickly responsive to customer input in person and on these forums, eg making the aluminum wheels standard
Britmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:16 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I would think that Coachmen has a contract with Xantrax already as evidenced by their offering on the Galleria. Would they use two separate vendors? Or cancel and go with Volta? Does Winnebago have a non-compete clause in their agreement with Volta? Who knows? Anything is possible I guess.

Common sense tells me they will either switch across the line to the superior Volta system, or apply the Xantrax system to their other lines. I would imagine the margins are better on the Xantrax system based on their pricing and what the hardware is.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I would think that Coachmen has a contract with Xantrax already as evidenced by their offering on the Galleria. Would they use two separate vendors? Or cancel and go with Volta? Does Winnebago have a non-compete clause in their agreement with Volta? Who knows? Anything is possible I guess.

Common sense tells me they will either switch across the line to the superior Volta system, or apply the Xantrax system to their other lines. I would imagine the margins are better on the Xantrax system based on their pricing and what the hardware is.
Advanced RV offers three different lithium systems from three different companies as they termed it at Advanced Fest, good, better and best with price accordingly. Why does a converter have to have a non-compete clause?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Advanced RV offers three different lithium systems from three different companies as they termed it at Advanced Fest, good, better and best with price accordingly. Why does a converter have to have a non-compete clause?

It likely wouldn't be anything that actually prevented them from changing, but it easily could be a longer term purchasing contract for "X" number of units over "Y" period of time, which would have an early withdrawal penalty that would make it bad to bail on it. Very common practice used to get better pricing out of the vendor, while also giving the vendor protection against doing a ramp up and then be left dangling in the wind.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
Platinum Member

actually I was thinking along the lines that WGO might want an exclusive arrangement with Volta so they don't supply to their major competitors. I have no idea if that was ever requested, or even possible. But if such an arrangement were to exist, it would explain why others haven't adopted it yet.

Most likely though, it's more a matter of price - the Xantrax system should be significantly cheaper since it's a whole lot less battery.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #8
BBQ
Platinum Member

The only way a company would give exclusive rights is
when the other party can underwrite their production quota.

Otherwise, there is no incentive for either party to do so.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
actually I was thinking along the lines that WGO might want an exclusive arrangement with Volta so they don't supply to their major competitors. I have no idea if that was ever requested, or even possible. But if such an arrangement were to exist, it would explain why others haven't adopted it yet.

Most likely though, it's more a matter of price - the Xantrax system should be significantly cheaper since it's a whole lot less battery.
Advanced RV was delivering Volta System Class B's long before Winnebago. Prevost was delivering them in Class A's long before Winnebago. Why would Volta make an exclusive arrangement with Winnebago and cut out 3/4 of the Class B market?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Advanced RV was delivering Volta System Class B's long before Winnebago. Prevost was delivering them in Class A's long before Winnebago. Why would Volta make an exclusive arrangement with Winnebago and cut out 3/4 of the Class B market?

The only way Volta would do that is if Winnegago had solid purchase contracts for the total capacity of Volta for the length of the contract, or at least the class b portion of that capacity. Otherwise it makes no sense.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote