Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 01:53 PM   #1

Default Winnebago Paseo

Hi all, New owner here of a 2017 Paseo. So far so good. Just looking for the low point drains in this unit. Anyone out there know and can send a picture? Thanks!
JudyTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't have a pic, but they are under the passenger side dinette seat at the back of the van. Two valves, I open both of them.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:42 PM   #3

Default Thank you

Thanks so much!
JudyTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
Platinum Member

No problem, and welcome to the forum!
Old 07-13-2020, 10:32 PM   #5

i am currently looking at a 2017 Paseo, does anyone know why they discontinued the model. Has anyone had issues with the generator being so low behind the rear wheel. Also is there a big difference between the Paseo and the Travato. Just trying to decide which one?

thx
KB
KYMCOBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:51 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMCOBRAD View Post
i am currently looking at a 2017 Paseo, does anyone know why they discontinued the model. Has anyone had issues with the generator being so low behind the rear wheel. Also is there a big difference between the Paseo and the Travato. Just trying to decide which one?

thx
KB
I don't think Winnebago has given a reason, but the theory that has been circulating is that demand for the Revel and the Travato, combined with lackluster demand for the Paseo resulted in it being discontinued. The Paseo's bed being only about 6 ft long is a problem for taller people, and I think that really limited its appeal. The Travato has floor plans with longer beds, and it also has about a $10K lower price point.

We looked at all three when we bought ours (12/31/2017). At that time the Revel was too new and commanding a premium price, and is substantially smaller as well. We needed the ability to tow a small enclosed trailer behind it, and the Paseo had much better towing capability than the Travato. We're both well under 6' tall, and fit well in the bed, so the Paseo won for us.

Coachmen has picked up the slack left by the Paseo being discontinued, and has made some significant improvements (suspension upgrades, availability of AWD, and a better floor plan for taller people). If I were shopping for a new B van today, the Coachmen Beyond would be at the top of my list.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #7

thanks for the input. I will look into the Coachmen.
Have you had any issues with your Paseo, i hear that the refer has some issues. How is the generator that sits behind the rear axel doing?
Brad
KYMCOBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum JudyTerry and KYMCOBRAD!

Wow, lots of new members joining lately. Which is great.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:11 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMCOBRAD View Post
thanks for the input. I will look into the Coachmen.
Have you had any issues with your Paseo, i hear that the refer has some issues. How is the generator that sits behind the rear axel doing?
Brad
No major issues with the Paseo, just a couple of minor irritations. A few loose screws that needed to be tightened up, and we added a much larger inline filter to the pump that drains the shower and eliminated the strainer under the drain cap (it clogged up way too quickly, needed to be cleaned after every shower - the new larger filter can probably go 100 showers without cleaning, don't really know because it has been a year since I did it and I haven't had to clean it yet).

The fridge has been great, no issues at all with that. And no issues with the generator either. It is well protected, you will drag the trailer hitch long before you hit the generator. A bigger issue for clearance is the port at the back for connecting an external propane tank. We hit ours and broke the skid plate that is supposed to protect it. The line didn't break, but it was close. I ended up just removing it and capping off the line that went to it from the regulator. Don't miss it, we had never used it.

We put larger tires on ours and also did some suspension upgrades (SuperSprings and SumoSprings) that raised the height of our van by about 4", greatly improving the clearance underneath. Did that after the incident above where we broke the propane skid plate.

Winnebago really should have included the SuperSprings and SumoSprings from the factory. The build is really heavy, and without them the rear suspension bottoms out on every little driveway dip. Coachmen adds them in their build, and I used the same part numbers as what Coachmen puts on the Crossfit/Beyond models.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #10
Bronze Member

I did hear a few rumors that Winnebago wanted a Ford product to their Class B lineup. But they didn’t have much of a market that Ford would discount them like MB and FC does. They do have the Fuse now, which is a nice unit except for issues with the I-5 Powerstroke in earlier models. They have replaced the I-5 with a small 4 cylinder diesel, but apparently it’s having some issues. Although I have a Travato, that Coachman rig seems nice. I’d want to make sure it came with the Eco-boost engine though. The dual rear wheels are a plus. My 2020 Travato did come with the Sumo suspension upgrade as standard. HUGE difference from the 2018 we had.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote