Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 04:40 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default Winnebago Price Increase?

Has anyone noticed the huge price increase for the Winnebago B's lately? About two weeks ago I noticed the prices were dramatically higher, and they haven't changed on the website since. The Paseo went from $115,000 and change to $127, 500, just over a 10% increase! The Travato and Era prices are similarly raised. At first I thought maybe it was using Canadian dollars, but I've never seen Winnebago offer that choice, and there is still no choice on the website that I can find. Further, the exchange rate is currently 1.33, as opposed to the 1.11 listed price increase, so I doubt that's it.

If this is really true, did they jack up the MSRP and keep the invoice the same to make the discounts look better, or did they raise the invoices too? No change in standard equipment that I can see, either. Very disappointing.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
Has anyone noticed the huge price increase for the Winnebago B's lately? About two weeks ago I noticed the prices were dramatically higher, and they haven't changed on the website since. The Paseo went from $115,000 and change to $127, 500, just over a 10% increase! The Travato and Era prices are similarly raised. At first I thought maybe it was using Canadian dollars, but I've never seen Winnebago offer that choice, and there is still no choice on the website that I can find. Further, the exchange rate is currently 1.33, as opposed to the 1.11 listed price increase, so I doubt that's it.

If this is really true, did they jack up the MSRP and keep the invoice the same to make the discounts look better, or did they raise the invoices too? No change in standard equipment that I can see, either. Very disappointing.

From what I heard on the street,
the increase is on paper only right now.
You can negotiate the price down to near 2017 level.

I can see the flexibility depends on the state of the economy.
If the sales is good, they can afford to stand firm.

Right now, they still have 2017 inventory,
so they have to be a bit more flexible.

Grab it while you can.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I was at a dealer this weekend that had a 2017 and a 2018 Paseo on the lot with nearly identical options. The difference in MSRP was almost $13,000. I have no idea what their bottom line price was. I walked away thinking that I wouldn't pay anywhere near the $120-$133k MSRP for this pretty average build quality.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
Bronze Member

jrobe--some dealers are advertising these units for $89k or so. My own dealer in North Carolina has one marked down to $96k--they would likely go a bit lower too. I'm not sure why Winnebago is raising the MSRP so much, but deals can still be had at the present time.
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote