Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #21

Hi Everyone,

Does any current or potential owners give thought on long-term reliability of the newish tech in this RV? I'm mainly referring to the heating system, lack of propane, all electric, etc..

I'm looking at a sub 20ft class B that will last me a long time and this is one of my concerns. I don't really have a need to off-road capabilties.. Should i just stick with a normal Mercedes chase class b without all of the fancy electronics? I definitely want solar but have propane and a generator is nice too..

Thanks!
Camper_Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:16 AM   #22

Default Revel Espar heating

Bought mine new, just after Christmas.
The heating is great, when and if it works. Mine has only spent 6 weeks and now 4 trips to the dealer, in 6 months for warranty issues. At least they "rebuild it" but it is garbage. Also, don't count on the batteries powering the stove more than 15 minutes, and mine are not fully charging we'll see if they fix that one the second time.
If you like the Revel, I'll sell you mine.
KentuckyBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:58 AM   #23

Hello Folks. I searched for "steering wheel squeek" and couldnt find anything so I'ma ask here. We have a brand new 2020 Revel and when you drive the coach its making a high pitched squeek at the first connection from the steering wheel to the column. It sounds like a balloon leaking. Power steering fluid is full - just wondering if yall have heard of anything like this happening on the new chassis?
WinnebagoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:52 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Default Go to your Mercedes Benz dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnebagoMan View Post
Hello Folks. I searched for "steering wheel squeek" and couldnt find anything so I'ma ask here. We have a brand new 2020 Revel and when you drive the coach its making a high pitched squeek at the first connection from the steering wheel to the column. It sounds like a balloon leaking. Power steering fluid is full - just wondering if yall have heard of anything like this happening on the new chassis?
NO.... I haven't anything, BUT....this is a "vehicle issue".... should be under warranty.....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
NO.... I haven't anything, BUT....this is a "vehicle issue".... should be under warranty.....
Understood - just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
WinnebagoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:32 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Default Go ahead and get the dealership to resolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnebagoMan View Post
Understood - just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
Your vehicle is under warranty...... Mercedes Benz is a first class company.... they should fix this for you....

If you are still not satisfied, call the corporate office for Mercedes Benz......the squeaky wheel....gets the grease.....

You're in the perfect spot for this solution ������
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Your vehicle is under warranty...... Mercedes Benz is a first class company.... they should fix this for you....

If you are still not satisfied, call the corporate office for Mercedes Benz......the squeaky wheel....gets the grease.....

You're in the perfect spot for this solution ������
Are you a robotic select by a number preprepared sentence answering machine?

He said he understood.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Are you a robotic select by a number preprepared sentence answering machine?

He said he understood.
This machine could have stuttering dots malfunction by constantly interjecting dots … and …. and ….
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #29

I am new to this forum and looking at the Revel. How do you like it, now that it's over a year since your purchase? I am trying to wrap my head around the 1 year warranty with Winnebago. I am aware of the separate Sprinter warranty. Do people just pay for the repair when buying used RVs that are out of warranty? Am I missing something? Thanks!
lftb2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #30

Just picked up my Revel two weeks ago. Be interested to hear your opinion of what I like to call "the nanny van" features - that is, the assist features of the Sprinter's computer. They drive me crazy. They can be disabled, but only temporarily. So, if you're running errands, you have to make sure they are off every time you start up the engine. I also find the steering very loose, making it difficult to drive a straight line without constantly adjusting the steering wheel. Finally, I find it difficult to get up to speed and to maintain speed.
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Just picked up my Revel two weeks ago. Be interested to hear your opinion of what I like to call "the nanny van" features - that is, the assist features of the Sprinter's computer. They drive me crazy. They can be disabled, but only temporarily. So, if you're running errands, you have to make sure they are off every time you start up the engine. I also find the steering very loose, making it difficult to drive a straight line without constantly adjusting the steering wheel. Finally, I find it difficult to get up to speed and to maintain speed.
Welcome to the forum Dakota!

Wow. Sorry to hear about your problems. Not right at all. The Revel on the short Sprinter chassis has the 3.0L diesel and should have plenty of power if not outright pep. You need to visit a Sprinter forum as well, since the problems are mostly chassis related. Make sure Winnebago knows and see a Sprinter service center.

Let us know how things work out. Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #32

Yes, thank you. I did join a Sprinter forum, but the computerized assists seem to be in the latest models and so far the Sprinters mentioned in the forum are older. I'm going up to Mercedes this week. Interestingly enough, the Sprinter manual warns that this feature might cause accidents.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #33

Uh oh, I just bought one, too. I'm trying to get used to driving it and haven't tried any of the electronics yet. There's nothing else out there for me, because I must have 4X4, or all-wheel drive, and no other RV company seems to have that unless you build it from scratch.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #34

I have the same charging issues. But there are 2 interconnected systems - Sprinter and Revel. I cannot get the chassis battery to charge fully and that affects the house system. So I am going to Mercedes first.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:57 PM   #35

Default Love my REVEL

I bought / picked up my 2019 REVEL at the end of Nov. 2018 so mine is a fully German vehicle. I currently have a little over 18K miles on it after a cross country trip from SW Florida to Texas then Northern Michigan and then onwards west to Northern California before the trip back to Florida. Delighted to say the trip went flawlessly - zero issues with either the Sprinter or the WGO materials. A door panel squeak was and occasionally is a problem. Fuel / mileage can really vary by how fast you drive. I can get 18.5-19 mpg on the straight away at 55-60 mpg, drops into the 16-17's any faster. Great front end view with that huge windshield and able to see ahead for 10-15 vehicles is great. One of the best things is those safety reminders on the mirrors and that little concave mirror on each side. No DPF issues at all but I don't let the DEF tank go less than 1/2 ever. I change the oil every 10K miles instead the 20K miles that Mercedes says is good - so far, so good - this replaces my kinda beloved 1989 Vanagon Syncro Westphalia Camper.
Karlheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #36
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Uh oh, I just bought one, too. I'm trying to get used to driving it and haven't tried any of the electronics yet. There's nothing else out there for me, because I must have 4X4, or all-wheel drive, and no other RV company seems to have that unless you build it from scratch.
The Roadtrek Agile SS comes in a 4x4 flavor.
silex840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:51 AM   #37

What size and brand of generator do I need for dry camping with 2020 revel
Srwaterski@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srwaterski@yahoo.com View Post
What size and brand of generator do I need for dry camping with 2020 revel
What do you want to power, how much electricity will it draw, and how long will you power it?

Battery bank?
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote