Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #181
Platinum Member

Default Re: Winnebago Travato new model # 59K

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
I was told no 59k's until april. i did see 2 sold on 2 various dealers but i am guessing promo models
I really hate to see manufacturers sell these pre-production units. Typically they are cobbled together from the parts bin and can be quite problematic.

My folks bought one once and it was such a headache, they sued to have it returned under the lemon law.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #182
Platinum Member

An easy fix for the screen door would be to have it close from front to rear instead of rear to front and then no one would accidentally grab it . It would also keep more bugs out because it wouldn't need to be opened all the way to enter and exit the vehicle. That is for the 59g. The opposite would work for the 59k.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:41 AM   #183

I'm really interested in this 59k. Also interested in the SVO because of the rear deck/screenroom/tent option. I might actually get a B if I could figure out a way to do that. Else it'll be the View/Navion.

I can see so much potential in this 59k for mods. I'm just dying to see what's underneath the sofas.
I'm trying to imagine this interior lighter/happier. Every video or pic just shows a sea of taupe and gloomy/dark. I'd lighten the 2 rear walls with a paper or something, make the sofas white/cream, some nice pillows.

And I just wonder if the rear driver side wall of the bathroom could have an opaque porthole for some diffuse light. Might change the little bit of floor also. Seems so much can be done with it. Also envisioning leaving the rear doors open with a screen between the cabin and bath and sheers for some privacy and light. It's just an interesting little RV.

My only fear for me is for longer trips, it just might be too small for times when I'm going to have to be staying a length of time, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to have different RVs for each trip?
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #184
Platinum Member

More than one RV or combo of units would be best for some people.

Class B + trailer
or
Class A + Class B toad

I wonder where you store the rear deck in the SVO?

First mod I'd do on the 59K would be to swap of the rear curtains for roller shades on the rear doors.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #185
Platinum Member

Marko - I believe I saw a post somewhere from a guy who has a Class A and uses a Class B as his Toad.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #186
Platinum Member

We saw a huge Tiffin, I think 45' with tag axle, that had a Roadtrek 210 as a toad. Looked like a freight train going down the road.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #187

Marko - I agree on the rear window tweak. Gosh I just see so many opportunities for tweaking (which is fun!).

Anyone think when it actually hits market - it might be a tad different? I.e.; offer different interior fabric colors, matching slide out table for captains chairs, etc?

So now I'm down to a: 19.5' Trailer, 21' Promaster, 25.5' Navion 24j LOL WTH But considering my original list - I'm narrowing!

Oh and that SVO - I'm so intrigued by the possibilities of the rear porch thing. Would be so nice to get out of the mud, have a place to lounge and read, and a place for the dogs to go chill. And if I got a Promaster B - I'd be investigating how to incorporate that after the fact. I don't see anyplace with the 59k to accommodate it sadly. I don't see any 2"+ gap at the end to pull it off? Really wish the 59k would come out already!
Old 03-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #188
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagain
Marko - I agree on the rear window tweak. Gosh I just see so many opportunities for tweaking (which is fun!).

Anyone think when it actually hits market - it might be a tad different? I.e.; offer different interior fabric colors, matching slide out table for captains chairs, etc?

So now I'm down to a: 19.5' Trailer, 21' Promaster, 25.5' Navion 24j LOL WTH But considering my original list - I'm narrowing!

Oh and that SVO - I'm so intrigued by the possibilities of the rear porch thing. Would be so nice to get out of the mud, have a place to lounge and read, and a place for the dogs to go chill. And if I got a Promaster B - I'd be investigating how to incorporate that after the fact. I don't see anyplace with the 59k to accommodate it sadly. I don't see any 2"+ gap at the end to pull it off? Really wish the 59k would come out already!
is there any kind of porch that can be put in a rear hitch?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #189

Interesting idea! But how to get it into a B that won't accommodate it in the back? A folding version? IDK.
I do think it would be SO cool to extend the coach like that..... Somehow. Going to contact SVO to see what they are making with their screen/tent room for that platform.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 AM   #190
rtz
Bronze Member

Are you thinking some sort of platform that slides out the back of the van? http://www.4are.com/cargoglide/
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #191

SVO (will have rear screen/tent room option)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 1.13.16 PM.png (755.8 KB, 831 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #192
Site Team

Well, THAT's kind of odd. What is it for?
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #193
Platinum Member

Campaign stops?
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #194
rtz
Bronze Member

Back it up to the water and fish off it or pull the boat up to it?
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #195

Extra living space for people to sleep. Get out of the mud. Dogs to go in/out of. Dog crates. Coolers, chairs, etc. Like a toy hauler porch/room. Extend living space.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:09 AM   #196

The Fit RV people toured Winnebago and are going to have video of it very soon.

For now they posted 2 interior photos. https://www.facebook.com/thefitrv/posts/818081271606370
Old 04-06-2015, 03:48 AM   #197

https://youtu.be/ya1GjCHXGjg

Thorough review! I like it. Nice and simple. I'm surprised at the tech in it. Nice.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #198

The generator is nestled under coach as well as both batteries. If you want to check the oil or check the batteries, you have to crawl under the coach. It is a very poor design and us "older set' will have a time crawling under to serve both items.
losone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #199
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losone View Post
The generator is nestled under coach as well as both batteries. If you want to check the oil or check the batteries, you have to crawl under the coach. It is a very poor design and us "older set' will have a time crawling under to serve both items.
I haven't seen a Class B yet without and Onan generator under the coach and a pain in the A to check its oil. As for batteries, AGMs should have no checking required. Eventual replacement might be more difficult is all.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #200
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I haven't seen a Class B yet without and Onan generator under the coach and a pain in the A to check its oil. As for batteries, AGMs should have no checking required. Eventual replacement might be more difficult is all.
Never seen a class B either that the genset wasn't under the back of the chassis. Where else would it go?
AGM batteries don't have any maintenance requirements, so only reason to fool with them is replacement or some kind of accident repair

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote