Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #221
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Lichtsinn RV will service any Winnebago product in the order they come in whether you buy from them or not. Excellent family owned/operated business, right down the street from the main WGO factory. The class B plant, Travato/ERA, is about 30 miles north of Forest City. Well worth the trip to just tour the main factory operations if nothing else.
You cannot order any WGO product from a dealer and take delivery at Forest City. That's WGO's rule, not the dealers. You also will not save any shipping charges taking delivery from Lichtsinn's or any other dealer. Again, how WGO does it.

The RV industry as a whole, not just WGO, has a terrible record on servicing RV's after the sale. WGO nor anyone else can tell a dealer how and when to run their service depts. They can just "suggest".

We've had a wonderful relationship with Lichtsinn RV over a 7yr period with 2 different RV's. Have always been treated like family when we're there so there's not much else you can ask for.

My recommendation if anyone will listen, is to run, not walk from any Camping World RV dealer for purchasing or service. Very few of them are worth the hassles and frustrations that result

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #222
Bronze Member

bobojay that is excellent information- thanks. I am looking for endorsements for Lichtstinn, since that seems the most direct route for us to buy from Winnebago. While paying for shipping irritates, it's the abuse of my coach on the journey that infuriates! The things we have seen in coaches just arrived on lots...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exechobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #223
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exechobo View Post
bobojay that is excellent information- thanks. I am looking for endorsements for Lichtstinn, since that seems the most direct route for us to buy from Winnebago. While paying for shipping irritates, it's the abuse of my coach on the journey that infuriates! The things we have seen in coaches just arrived on lots...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, glad to hear I can help now & then

Old 06-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #224
Platinum Member

Is their a thread on this forum that rates dealers or, at least, has posts/opinions of specific dealers?

I know - just like on Trip Advisor - there is always someone who has had a bad experience. Just want to know who are the better dealers out there.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #225
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Is their a thread on this forum that rates dealers or, at least, has posts/opinions of specific dealers?

I know - just like on Trip Advisor - there is always someone who has had a bad experience. Just want to know who are the better dealers out there.
Don't think there is....

I can speak with some experience with WGO products in general, not just class B's.

#1, no doubt is Lichtsinn RV, Forest City, IA
#2, for other WGO products, not B's is Lewis RV in Dayton, OH (doesn't sell B's)
#3, Ronnie Bock's Kerrville RV in Kerrville, TX (again no new B's)

Those are really my only recommended personal experience WGO dealers

Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #226
Platinum Member

I can give a very positive endorsement if I haven't already in this thread for Lake Region RVs in Ramsey, Minnesota. They represent Leisure Travel Vans, Roadtrek, Midwest and Great West Vans. I traded in a Pleasure-way Plateau and bought a Great West Van from them. They also bought back my Great West Van four years later. I have direct experience in that regard and service. Top notch, fair and honest in all respects. Considering this is a national board, they have considerable long distance sales experience. Dale Borstad is the owner.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #227
Platinum Member

Any opinions from anybody on Fretz (PA) or Colonial (NJ)?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #228
Platinum Member

I've also had good experience, pre WGO days with Van City in St Louis, MO. They have a good reputation for most class B brands other than WGO which they don't sell.
Also have heard good things from others like DavyDD said, Lake Region RV

Old 06-26-2015, 05:58 AM   #229
Platinum Member

What about La Mesa RV? They seem to be very aggressive with pricing on their website.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #230
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
What about La Mesa RV? They seem to be very aggressive with pricing on their website.
That's who I bought mine from. I can only speak about their sales depart and I will say I was treated very well by all involved. As I said before, they came in almost $17k less than my local Winnebago dealer. I did the whole deal over the phone and flew down to sign the papers and drive it 900 miles home. Service locally might be a bit of a hassle, but I hope not.

I think La Mesa is at the forefront of Winnebago's successful attempt to be the #1 seller of Class B coaches. They dropped the price of the model I inquired about in an email by $3k first thing.

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #231
Platinum Member

I haven't talked to La Mesa about pricing yet as I'm not ready to buy. I was impressed with Lichtsinn initial pricing for the 59K. I like that La Mesa puts some reasonable pricing on their website. I'm not impressed with any of the. Oregon dealers. The 59K is looking awful good. I wish Roadtrek would spend some of their R&D on how to build a bigger bathroom. Then I might consider a Roadtrek. WGO with the 59G and 59K built two unique floor plans with decent size bathrooms.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #232
Bronze Member

tbirdman I for one am interested in yourcexperuencexwith these two dealers! Please help us informed...
Our impression of the dealers in OR and Western WA was also Luke warm.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #233
Platinum Member

Lichtsinn was very good just coming out of the gate. They were at 74K for a 93K list vehicle. I was surprised at La Mesa as they came back at $79K but expressed a willingness to work on pricing.

I was at Camping World in Portland yesterday. They had a diesel Travato and came back with a 86K price. Sales guys were useless. He told me the View got 10 or less mpg. He said on a Navion they couldn't give big discounts as they models were brand new. He also stated the small bathrooms in the Eras were due to German engineering. Duh? He didn't even know what a Travato was. One sales guy couldn't tell me the value of a full paint job on a View. Hopeless although I did meet one guy who was knowledgeable but had to leave.

It looks like I may have to buy out of state.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #234
Platinum Member

La Mesa has decent prices on their website but when I actually went to the dealer there were lower prices in the windows. Call around. La Mesa in San Diego was the cheapest I've ever seen.
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #235
Platinum Member

Quote:
Lichtsinn was very good just coming out of the gate. They were at 74K for a 93K list vehicle. I was surprised at La Mesa as they came back at $79K but expressed a willingness to work on pricing.
tbirdman

Out of curiosity exactly what did the 93k include? options, battery package, dealer charges, etc.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #236
Platinum Member

For those that bought the Travato, did any of you consider the Trend? Both appear to have nimble driving characteristics. The biggest differences seem to be space inside the Trend with a dry bath, while the Travato is more stealthy. They both appear to be roughly the same price.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #237
Platinum Member

um, that would be a no.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #238
Platinum Member

Quote:
For those that bought the Travato, did any of you consider the Trend? Both appear to have nimble driving characteristics. The biggest differences seem to be space inside the Trend with a dry bath, while the Travato is more stealthy. They both appear to be roughly the same price.
I did at one point. I like both of the floor plans but I wanted as small a package as I could get and still have most of what I wanted/needed. My SO is intimidated driving larger vehicles. She has no problem with the Travato and drives it well. Sometimes we take long rides to see the daughter unit or the MIL so it's important that we both drive.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #239
Bronze Member

We considered the Trend, but the Travato. 59K offers the smaller size and openness we are seeking. We call it the Neo-Vanagan. If we considered the Trend we would also consider other "B+" vans like the Prism and View 24V. Then we are going too far away from what we want. So no, not really.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #240
Platinum Member

The Travato is the easiest to drive, but from I read the Trend isn't far behind. I personally like the additional room, but not sure I want to give up the drivability and stealth. I don't like the seats in the Trend. They don't feel comfortable although on the 23L plan using the turned driver's seat to use the dinette looked good. Also the seating arrangements to watch the TV mounted high in the interior seemed arkward.