Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #341
Platinum Member

avanti,

You have given the reason for not oversizing an A/C unit for a home. For an RV, I will venture to say no one who camps in Florida or Texas in the summer will say their RV A/C unit is too powerful.
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #342
Platinum Member

I'd be sure of the wattage required for the bigger unit. you may run out of generator capacity with the big AC and other loads. FWIW, I've found the 13.5 unit just fine in the summer humidity in Florida.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #343

Update: I took our new rig to the dealer to address the side screen door issue. They did a .
Minor adjustment but really didn't fix it. It hasn't come off the track but we still baby it more than should be needed for an expensive rig.
They also closed the bug gap by adding weather strip. Easy fix
patirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:52 AM   #344

Is the 59K chassis a Ram 2500 or 3500? I don't see it on the spec sheet. Just curious...
Old 11-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #345
Platinum Member

patirwin, I think the length of the 59k (apx 21 feet) only comes with the 3500.
DCHitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:55 AM   #346
Platinum Member

Leisure Travel went to the 15000 BTU for their small C's because people in Florida, Texas, and Arizona complained that the 13500 BTU wasn't enough. They don't have that much more interior space than the bigger Sprinter B's.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:08 AM   #347
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by patirwin View Post
Is the 59K chassis a Ram 2500 or 3500? I don't see it on the spec sheet. Just curious...
All the RV's are on the 3500 Promaster

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #348
Gold Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mass59k

Our dealer noted screen hits molding at top and leaves gap along side of door. They're asking WBO for replacement or fix. I did make gizmo at bottom of screen to keep it on track..it works well
Old 11-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #349
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass59k View Post
Our dealer noted screen hits molding at top and leaves gap along side of door. They're asking WBO for replacement or fix. I did make gizmo at bottom of screen to keep it on track..it works well
That's too bad.

The door on my new van fits the best out of the 3 I've owned. It seems to have no gaps where the door meets the gasket. It also moves freely and smoothly.

It doesn't appear that there is any difference in the hardware that I can tell. I wonder if the issue is variances in the build quality on the van body. If there are wide tolerances on the dimensions of the aperture that would explain the inconsistent results on the fit.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #350

I've been all around FL in our new 59k for the last few months and for the most part we're happy with it. But the issue I'm having now is the Truma water heating sysyem. Sometimes we have hot 140f water as well as a warm coach, and other times we only have a warm coach and not HOT water./ It's been hit or miss the last 2 weeks. I don't understand the Truma well enough to figure out what might be happening, Have any of you had a problem with it?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2016, 12:49 AM   #351
Platinum Member

patirwin, are you familiar with the Winnebago Travato owners and wannabees group on Facebook? Your question will be answered over there

Old 03-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #352
Bronze Member

I would like to see more Transit based B's. Nothing against MB - I like it's looks and they are proven for many applications. However, our nearest MB service is a 2 1/2 hr drive

Winnebago has a Class C Transit based unit (Fuse). IMO, a class B Transit would be a good addition to anyone's lineup.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just don't care for the looks of the Travato, but am interested in the kayak rack.
Suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 AM   #353
Platinum Member

According to my dealer, WGO will have a Transit B coming later this year, late fall timeline...at this time, diesel only

Old 03-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #354
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
According to my dealer, WGO will have a Transit B coming later this year, late fall timeline...at this time, diesel only
Bob, I think he may be confused. That sounds like the Fuse to me. The cutaway Transit is shipping deisel. Has anyone confirmed with Russ Garfin that there is a true Transit B prototype around? I'd think if production is starting in the fall, they would have already shown a concept vehicle at one of the spring shows.

Also, with no rotating seats, what kind of floorplan could they possibly use that wouldn't be awful?
Old 03-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #355
Bronze Member

Default Please, a Transit B

I want to see a Transit B with a floor plan similar to the Fuse 23A . . . .

for wincrasher: what do you mean by "no rotating seats"? The Fuse floor plan shows cabin seats as rotating.
Suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #356
Platinum Member

The driver's seat on the Transit cannot currently allow a swivel due to the placement of the parking brake handle. Bad design choice but it is likely that Ford will be changing the design at some point to fix the issue. Passenger seat can have swivel and the current Class C Transits have the passenger side swivel.

People building their own campers have lowered the parking brake handle position to allow a swivel to be installed.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:03 PM   #357
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Bob, I think he may be confused. That sounds like the Fuse to me. The cutaway Transit is shipping deisel. Has anyone confirmed with Russ Garfin that there is a true Transit B prototype around? I'd think if production is starting in the fall, they would have already shown a concept vehicle at one of the spring shows.

Also, with no rotating seats, what kind of floorplan could they possibly use that wouldn't be awful?
Ron, this is from my dealer contact, you know who it is, and it's a prototype showing. I was amiss if I implied a production vehicle.
The issues with the park brake, driver's seat swivel and less so the GVW rating are obstacles right now. Also the dog house is being changed a bit for '17 to make it less intrusive into the passenger compartment leg space.
The diesel engine as the only engine I've heard from more than one dealer.
The floorplan would be a challenge with no swivel driver's seat, although our 70A with the mini couch behind the driver is a screw up as it makes the driver swivel pretty much worthless as far as we're concerned

Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #358
Platinum Member

OK. So that means a debut at Hershey then. That could be exciting to say the least! I wonder what they'd call it? An Era? A Travato? or something completely new?

Both execs at WGO & RT complained to me about Ford Transit issues for RV use. The seats are only one problem. Ford is reportedly difficult to work with as the RV industry isn't really a priority for them right now.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 PM   #359
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
OK. So that means a debut at Hershey then. That could be exciting to say the least! I wonder what they'd call it? An Era? A Travato? or something completely new?

Both execs at WGO & RT complained to me about Ford Transit issues for RV use. The seats are only one problem. Ford is reportedly difficult to work with as the RV industry isn't really a priority for them right now.
You are 100% correct about Ford being hard to work with for fleet purchasers. Arrogant is the term I've heard more than once. They know they have a lock on the fleet markets, so any one niche in that market is not that important.
Besides, as I've said several places, they can't build em fast enough now, so why bother at this time

Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #360
Silver Member

We have been considering a 59K but started to notice the the Flex Bed Kit is appearing in all of the 2017 pictures. I wrote Winnebago and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Winnebago Industries. The Flex Bed Kit is now standard in the Travato 59K and we don't typically delete standard features during production."

This is disappointing to us as, it leaves two permanent holes in the floor, and the brackets that hold the table/bed board. Even if you don't use the Flex Kit, you would have the brackets and the holes remain. Too bad this is now a "standard" feature.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote