Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 08:38 PM   #41

We have certain rules in our Roadtrek. No frying or sautéing inside, only boiling or steaming. Don't like the grease cleanup; in our 2002 Popular, removing the grid from the 2-burner stove is not a simple task, and wiping up grease spatter becomes work. And the smell remains. We use our trusty old Coleman stove outside for that, as well as a great new Q1000 propane grill which we have used as both an oven and a grill. Even cooked bacon and eggs on tinfoil with that. Don't think it would work for a full-size wok, though. Can you just set it up on a fire ring in a campsite? And cook over wood?
DuckFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:47 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckFat View Post
We have certain rules in our Roadtrek. No frying or sautéing inside, only boiling or steaming.
OMG we would starve to death . In all fairness, our gas burners are easy to clean and our Maxxair fan is almost directly overhead. I do confess to having to clean the fan screen with detergent (and we don’t bring our wok because it takes up too much space).
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #43
Platinum Member

I have an induction range at home and use a flat bottom wok on it all the time, it works great. I have an induction plate in my RoadTrek but I typically try to use it outside on a picnic table. Wok would work great there, without the fumes inside.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:03 PM   #44
Platinum Member

We once looked at a used RV where the owner had used it as a fishing camp. He had pan fried fish in it, lots and lots of fish. We walked in the door and promptly turned around and said NO THANK YOU as we left! The range and counter top and walls were covered with grease!!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #45
Platinum Member

I have a vivid memory of the exhaust fan that looked like the rear end of a cow.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote