Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default working solar panels??

........Thanks to all who responded to my newbie questions! Here's a couple more-after we picked up the Roadtrek Simplicity and drove it home, I found out that there were two solar panels on top. The dealer nor the mechanic never said anything about them, so how do I know that there even functional? Also next to the left panel there's a 2" black rubber/plastic vent sticking out of the roof. Looks like its hollow and goes into the roof somewhere?? There aren't any gauges inside suggesting that the panels are doing anything, but what do I know. Any info would help, THANKS!!!
HappyCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Default ....working solar panels?...

...Aha!!...I finally found the solar control panel, it was tucked in by the tankless water heater, a "Wanderer" charging center. Also I do believe after some research, that black vent on the roof of our Roadtrek is for the grey and black tanks. You have to understand that when we were purchasing this van, solar panels were not mentioned at all....Even when we picked this van up to drive home, the mechanic showing us the "ropes" so to speak never mentioned them either. I just happened to see them looking out our second story of the house. And these panels were never mentioned in the van's detailed description.
HappyCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote