Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 10:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzar View Post
For us too, our greatest joys are being closely involved with our 4 grandkids and travelling in our van. We usually don't travel much in summer - too hot, too crowded and we like to stay close to home when kids out of school. We do our large trips (up to 5 weeks at a time) in spring and fall. Covid has been a struggle with our lifestyle since travel is limited and we are not isolating with our grandkids. (I know this sounds very elitist and entitled since so many of us are grappling with securing health, food and shelter). But, it will pass ..eventually...and I'm not willing to give up on what has enabled us such joy in the past. (Also, while a Class B is limited for travelling with more than 1 grandkid at a time, you should see their faces light up when they see our van waiting in the school pick-up line.
Maybe their faces are lighting up because it's you and not the van?
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:34 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Mary Ann,
My vote would be to keep it. The reasons you bought it are still valid and it will make traveling coast to coast so much easier. As Million-mile airline flyers, we’ll be staying out of the silver tubes for quite awhile. Others feel the same way so inventory is low and the market is hot as people who would normally fly are hitting the road.

If you really do want to sell, do it immediately as the manufacturers will catch up from their two month shutdown pretty soon.

Campgrounds are open and as they say, the trip is more important than the destination.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:55 AM   #23
Lou
Platinum Member

Because of Covid 19 we are using ours on more day trips. Our daughter's family are in our "bubble". We can have a picnic with them (they take their car) at some place that isn't crowded. The kids can run around with out worrying about mingling with others and we don't have to worry about finding a bathroom for them. The outside shower is good for sandy feet. We have an awning if we need protection from sun or showers. I don't disagree with what others have said, just suggesting another idea.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I think it depends heavily on your own assessment of the likelihood that your situation might change in the short term.

Sounds as though the lifestyle is not for you at the moment and if you have thought things through well and don't foresee a change in the near future, then I would say yes, good time to sell. I wouldn't give it away though, you should be able to get a good price right now from what we hear of demand and shortage in the marketplace.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Bottom line; isn't a good problem as an Owner do have?

Its such a personal decision.

PS. I meant to write Seller's Market but after a day I could no longer edit it.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #26
jon
Platinum Member

I was getting ready to put my 2019 Transit camper on the RVtrader. I was going to start over with a AWD Transit until my Wife caught me and told me this was Her van (I'm just the driver) and I was NOT to sell it. End of discussion!
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:12 AM   #27
Bronze Member

Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. People are paying stupid amounts for used Class Bs. You may never get an opportunity like this again to sell for way above what it's worth. I just sold my 2017 Lexor with 48k miles on it for only 20% less than what I bought it for. I didn't even have to try, which leads me to believe I could have gotten even more.
JLO11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Default But we are not allowed in yet!

Forget Canada. It is shut down to us "south of the border" people until at least Sept 21, 2020.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cana...ions-1.5064424
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO11111 View Post
Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. People are paying stupid amounts for used Class Bs.
Yep, and they are selling within hours of being posted on the net. I've been looking for a used 2002 Roadtrek, Pleasure Way, or Chinook for around $30,000 and they are all gone within days, and even hours of being post on the sites!!!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agile