Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you or do you tow anything behind your Class B RV?
Yes, I do or would tow a car or other motorized vehicle or a trailer 41 51.90%
No, I won't tow anything behind my Class B RV 30 37.97%
I use or would use a dolly to tow my vehicle 0 0%
I tow or would tow a vehicle with 4 wheels on the road 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2021, 02:01 AM   #61
Platinum Member

Weighing in at 16,000 pounds with a 7700 pound trailer.
You need to remove the tire carrier and keep the spare tire in under the bed or in the trailer as you will squash it against the trailer.
With a Class B you are better off with an aluminum trailer if you absolutely need every pound of towing capacity. This trailer is not your average trailer as most of them are only rated for 7000 pounds. I got 300 pounds extra capacity with the aluminum and 700 with the tongue setup. The only problem is that it uses a weird tire load rating "D" that nobody stocks.
This is a 7x16 with a 6" higher roof and the total length is about 40'. I added a Dorman transmission cooler and changed the cooler lines to accommodate the Dorman cooler as it is the replacement for a factory optional cooler. I would recommend going one more step and adding an external cooler in addition to the Dorman "Factory" cooler replacement.
Would I take it on a trip? Not normally. That ruins the point of a Class B van.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2108 - Copy.JPG (525.8 KB, 5 views)
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:54 PM   #62

We purchased our 2018 Sprinter/RoadTrek CS Adventurous last week 6/24/21. The purchase was 75 miles away and I am the only driver. I hooked up the empty open tandem car trailer to my BMW ///M40i and drove down to OC. Put the trailer behind the Sprinter, installed the Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH) then loaded the BMW on the trailer. Drove back up the hill to High Desert (SoCal) towing about 5800#s. The Cajon Pass has 6%+ grade at times, that slowed us to around 50mph in a few places, but never went to full throttle. Staying in the truck lanes, had no problem keeping up and passing the slower guys. BTW ambient air temp was 100° on the way home.

I am new to class B's , but experienced towing things. I wanted the RoadTrek to tow my open car trailer to the race track with my 68 Camaro. The Camaro and trailer weigh 4400#'s so it will be easier than the Bimmer/trailer combo was.

I looked long and hard for a Class B Sprinter that was NOT an XL. Mine is 22'9". I figured having the tow ball 16 inch's closer to the rear axle would help the handling and I feel it does.

I have tried to post a pic, hoping it comes out.

---Bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210624_173111313_HDR.jpg (218.1 KB, 10 views)
sc68z28 is offline   Reply With Quote