Old 05-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #161

Help us please? How do you empty your fresh water tank? We are trying white plastic knob on passenger side but no luck. Thanks Cindy

Cindy phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:39 PM   #162
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

Our freash water tank is located under the bed in rear of camper. Lift bed up and plywood its rests on. Our tank is right there. A valve attached to a small hose is on the left side near bottom of tank. The hose exits the vehicle right there also. 1995 Xplorer on Dodge 3500 body. Hope this helps.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:11 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Our freash water tank is located under the bed in rear of camper. Lift bed up and plywood its rests on. Our tank is right there. A valve attached to a small hose is on the left side near bottom of tank. The hose exits the vehicle right there also. 1995 Xplorer on Dodge 3500 body. Hope this helps.
We tried turning that valve all different ways and nothing happened. Now the water pump won’t gain enough pressure boo!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #164
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

Ours was clogged now that I remember. A bee of sorts built a nest in line. It was like mud in hose. Try cleaning hose out. Also, hook up to city water and try pump again. When you hook up to city water unit bypasses your freash tank. See if it works off that.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #165
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ours was clogged now that I remember. A bee of sorts built a nest in line. It was like mud in hose. Try cleaning hose out. Also, hook up to city water and try pump again. When you hook up to city water unit bypasses your freash tank. See if it works off that.
Down here we call them "mud daubers" and they are a type of friendly wasp. Except they gum up everything. I removed a potato-sized nest of mud from my water heater combustion chamber. And my old roof a/c had some smaller nests inside that were otherwise harmless.

I added screens to the outside of the furnace vent and hot water heater to prevent their return.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy phelps View Post
Help us please? How do you empty your fresh water tank? We are trying white plastic knob on passenger side but no luck. Thanks Cindy
Thank you but can you tell us how the bathroom toilet?
Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #167

Hey Xploer Fans,
I have a 2002 230xlw, I would like to add solar. There is a small panel that came with the unit. I live on the east coast, any recommendations for a solar installer.
Thanks
Pams
Pams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #168

Quote:
You were right thank you!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 PM   #169

Quote:
You were right thank you!
Old 07-02-2020, 10:44 PM   #170

Default New Xplorer owner / New to forum

Hello group enthusiasts!

my wife and i just purchased a 1987 Xplorer XtraVan. Its a wreck to be honest. Its going to need to be completely gone through and fitted out.

We need help! The rear bed area is hollow. I plan to put in a larger water storage as well as other tweaks.

What i really need help with is a Wet/bath setup. This van came with a potty in a cabinet. there are 4 captains chairs. i'd like to change the setup to the dinette with larger bathroom if possible.

Does anyone know where i might find a wet bath kit or setup that i can retrofit? or is there a wrecking yard that may specialize in Xplorer components?

If anyone has a pic of where and how the grey water shower tank is mounted to the underside of chassis i would appreciate that. The black/grey water tanks are separate, correct?

Looking for all the general Xplorer online references i can find at this point.

I do plan to start a build log in the near future. first we need to see if the van will even make the drive home. its really beat and abused.

Thanks everyone.
Lifted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:10 AM   #171

Default 92 xplorer water pump issues??

Hey guys. Just trying to finish up my remodel here and I am having an issue with the water pump/water diaphragm for the interior. I just got a new one. I have a question with the grounding. It will not turn on when the doors to the van are closed. But when I open one door, any door it will come on. I feel like its odd that it be connected to the doors at all. There is a grounding wire that is connected to the the metal button that gets pushed in when the door shuts.

The wires that got to the pump read 12 volts with the door open, then only 11 volts when I shut the door.

I took that wire and reground it to the ground on one of the tail lights so it would not reconnected to one of the doors. I doubled checked they were all ground wires. The pump turned on then shut off and is now burnt out.

Seeing if anyone has had a similar issue or any idea why the ground would be connected to the door? I feel like if you wanted to shower the doors should be able to be closed. Any thoughts?

doristhexploris92 is offline   Reply With Quote