Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #41
Site Team

Swamp coolers certainly can work. But in my limited experience, making a small one work well in a small space is difficult. I have had bad luck with room-sized units, even under ideal conditions. Not sure what the issue was -- it just doesn't seem to scale down well for some reason.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
swamp coolers can do great in humid conditions =not so grst in drier sections of the country.
Isn't it the other way around?
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #43
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Swamp coolers certainly can work. But in my limited experience, making a small one work well in a small space is difficult. I have had bad luck with room-sized units, even under ideal conditions. Not sure what the issue was -- it just doesn't seem to scale down well for some reason.
I agree if you're saying a Home Depot store is kind of large scale. Back in about 2002 my sister lived about 5 miles south of Bigfork, MT. She stated that a swamp cooler would not work, I agreed but said that it would in the valley near Kalispell. I would never have noticed it without the conversation with my sister. A few days later I was flying near Kalispell at about 150-200 feet when I spotted it, a Yurt with a swamp cooler! Maybe the yurt diameter was 20-25 feet, still not what I think of as a "small space" - many many times larger than any B.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #44
Platinum Member

there are doing a go fund for a new model ,,, you might want to check
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/z...able-ac-unit#/
michael
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #45
Platinum Member

I've been interested in this device for some time, since I first encountered it as a KickStarter deal years ago. Following its development the Zero Breeze has had its issues over the years, including prototype issues, manufacturing problems and significant production and delivery delays. I have seen many reports of defective units and poor factory support, which has kept me on the sidelines from buying one for our ex-Jucy.

I'll be following this thread with great interest.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman53 View Post
I've been interested in this device for some time, since I first encountered it as a KickStarter deal years ago. Following its development the Zero Breeze has had its issues over the years, including prototype issues, manufacturing problems and significant production and delivery delays. I have seen many reports of defective units and poor factory support, which has kept me on the sidelines from buying one for our ex-Jucy.

I'll be following this thread with great interest.
amazon now sells this.

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Breeze-C...s%2C147&sr=8-3
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #47
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
From what I've read, I doubt Amazon would sell this. It is sold by someone else on Amazon.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #48
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=gerrym51;93324]amazon now sells this.

I realize that it's available on Amazon, actually sold by Zero Breeze. The reputation of the company, the quality of the product and the after-sale support are still concerning to me. One review from a guy who thinks every purchase he makes on Amazon is 5-star great doesn't offset the many others I've read elsewhere offering contrary opinions of this product. Oddly, one finds very few independent reviews of this device.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #49
Bud
Platinum Member

Rocketman53, you may/probably have seen this link, maybe not:

https://airconditionerlab.com/zero-breeze-review/
Old 05-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Rocketman53, you may/probably have seen this link, maybe not:

https://airconditionerlab.com/zero-breeze-review/
Thanks. Yes, I've seen it. From all I've seen, it's fairly accurate in its assessments.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:08 PM   #51
gsm
Bronze Member

Bud

Interesting article. I had not previously seen it.

The EER quoted is totally in error. I measured 12 volt power into My Zero Breeze
when I got it. I measured 140 watts DC input. Using the 1,100 BTU rating this gives a
EER figure of 7.8, which is 2 to 3 units lower than most 5,000 Btu and above window A/Cs have today. But it is nowhere near the miniscule EER of 4 stated in the article. I have no clue where the writer got his 275 Watt consumption figure from, but I is not from measurement.

gsm
gsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #52
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Rocketman53;93329]
Quote:
amazon now sells this.

I realize that it's available on Amazon, actually sold by Zero Breeze. The reputation of the company, the quality of the product and the after-sale support are still concerning to me. One review from a guy who thinks every purchase he makes on Amazon is 5-star great doesn't offset the many others I've read elsewhere offering contrary opinions of this product. Oddly, one finds very few independent reviews of this device.
my experience with amazon-and i have quite a bit-is that they take a dim view of a seller-or reseller, that rips customers off.

my point is with Amazon-you have someone to complain to-who will take you very seriously.

If a seller doesn't meet the measure they get taken off.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomike View Post
there are doing a go fund for a new model ,,, you might want to check
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/z...able-ac-unit#/
michael
i see nothing that indicates a new model?
Old 05-12-2019, 11:34 PM   #54
Platinum Member

On a totally different note

I actually emailed the company-using the email address on the amazon website.

the reason i say this is they say they are not selling the battery for safety reasons. I have no idea why but thats what they say.

They also say-and it says this on their amazon site-that they will be coming out with a 'solar generator' of 500 watts. I assume this is a lithium powerpak like goal zero,jackery etc.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 AM   #55
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=gerrym51;93337]
Quote:

my experience with amazon-and i have quite a bit-is that they take a dim view of a seller-or reseller, that rips customers off. my point is with Amazon-you have someone to complain to-who will take you very seriously. If a seller doesn't meet the measure they get taken off.
Your later post is a fair indicator of why I am reticent. You say the company wrotew you that "they are not selling the battery for safety reasons. I have no idea why but thats what they say." They may never sell another battery for this device...who knows? Their past performance is not good.

The issue for me is the quality of the product, which is questionable, and the company that stands behind it. Yes, there is a warranty. I don't buy things with an eye to warranty repairs. As much as the concept appeals to me, I'm happy to learn from the experiences of others.

As I said earlier, I will be following this thread. I hope any buyer is 110% thrilled by the purchase. Right now I'm not willing to fork over a grand for this device.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:56 AM   #56
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Rocketman53;93344]
Quote:

Your later post is a fair indicator of why I am reticent. You say the company wrotew you that "they are not selling the battery for safety reasons. I have no idea why but thats what they say." They may never sell another battery for this device...who knows? Their past performance is not good.

The issue for me is the quality of the product, which is questionable, and the company that stands behind it. Yes, there is a warranty. I don't buy things with an eye to warranty repairs. As much as the concept appeals to me, I'm happy to learn from the experiences of others.

As I said earlier, I will be following this thread. I hope any buyer is 110% thrilled by the purchase. Right now I'm not willing to fork over a grand for this device.
neither am i . but i will stay watching-just like you. but i will buy from amazon if i do.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #57
Silver Member

On Facebook Zerobreeze has a page, read on comments from buyers, not looking good!
Just out of curiosity where is Zerobreeze located and where are the products manufactured?
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #58
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Gardens View Post
On Facebook Zerobreeze has a page, read on comments from buyers, not looking good! Just out of curiosity where is Zerobreeze located and where are the products manufactured?
The units are made in China. Maybe you can make sense of this:

https://www.hktdc.com/manufacturers-suppliers/Shenzhen-City-Carved-Cool-Technology-Co-Ltd/en/1X0AI909/
Old 05-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #59
Silver Member

Quote:

And finally ,,,,ouch
https://campinghabits.com/zero-breeze/
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #60
Silver Member

Default This worked for me...

I recall owning a 1996 (I believe) V-W Eurovan Westfalia Pop Top camper. It was a great little unit and my wife and our daughter traveled the country with it back in the day... This was over 20 years ago. I purchased a small home window air conditioner (less then 100.00) and made a frame to mount it in the van's passenger door window frame (with the window down of course). It took some time to design, but once finished it would simply clip into the passenger window and it worked flawlessly. Of course, we need 110v to plug it in, but it kept us cool many hot nights, even with the canvas top popped open. I am sure we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies, but being cool on a hot night was priceless and no one seemed to mind. Just a trip down memory lane, but it can be done...
jbucking is offline   Reply With Quote