Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1

Default 2004 Rialta won't start

Is anyone aware of another saftey switch, such as having to have it in park/neutral , that needs to be entergized before this vehicle will start? Occasionally, and constantly now, I just get a click when trying to start it. I can hear the solinoid under the hood click when I turn the key but it doesn't turn the engine over. I'd like to know if there some way I can bypass something so I can get it to service without towing it.

stevelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2

It could be as simple as a low battery. Even though your lights in the rv work, your battery could need charging or fluid or both. What happens when you use the auxillary switch above the driver's compartment. Any difference? Could be the battery terminals are corrided also and not making enough of a contract to start the engine.

papabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #3

papabago said:It could be as simple as a low battery. Even though your lights in the rv work, your battery could need charging or fluid or both. What happens when you use the auxillary switch above the driver's compartment. Any difference? Could be the battery terminals are corrided also and not making enough of a contract to start the engine.

Thought of that. I did have a bad battery, I replaced it and the new one is fully charged. I did read in the manual that it wouldn't start if the swivel seats weren't locked in. We had that happen when we first got it and it let us know with a nice shrill. I reset them anyway with no luck. I'm not stuck now and have it at home. I guess I'm just going to have to go with the warrenty and see what they need to do. I'm starting (excuse the pun) to think it's probably the starter solenoid . Thanks though.

stevelee is offline   Reply With Quote