Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Backup Camera, for Boat Trailer Towing, with an 03 Rialta QD

Can anyone suggest a make / model of a backup camera ( and where to mount the camera) that would assist

me, as a brand new Rialta owner, with backing my 03 Rialta QD up to the boat trailer's hitch and, most

importantly, to be better able to see trailer while backing down a boat ramp and/or driveway ?

Many of the backup cameras I have seen in stores are designed to mount to unused license plate holes,

which won't work well on my 03 Rialta QD because the license plate is recessed into the bumper and is

both too close to the hitch ball and too low see either the hitch ball or the sides of the boat trailer.

Any suggestions, including alternate ways to accomplish same goal, would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I hope to take our 1st trip in the Rialta in mid January 2014.

Thanks

manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Backup Camera, for Boat Trailer Towing, with an 03 Rialta QD

You could mount the back up camera just above the rear door by drilling a hole and bolting to the skin. You will be inside of the rear trunk and run wires to connect to electrical back up wires. Some have mounted camera high up below the rear running lights to see all behind them.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote