Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #1

Default Bedding shelf problem in 2002 HD

On a recent trip in my Rialta, I noticed the back bedding shelf is now tilting on the passenger side. Seems like something let go that holds the shelf up. Anyone ever experience this and do you have any idea how to fix it?

kkferlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
rem
Gold Member

The cabinet over my chair broke also on my 2005 HD. I purchased L brackets for ea. inside top cornner, Screwed into ceiling, mk. sure your screws are not to long, alittle wider is what you want. Then I drilled 1/4 " holes threw the side to connect the bracket to the cabinet. 1 1/4 " bolt 1 1/2 " --7/16 locking nut, Then a plastic cap to cover the top of the outside bolt , I got one to match very close to the color. Home depot has everything. The bolts will have to be cut so they are flush to the nut on the inside When you drill the cabinet side you will need another person to push up & keep preasure on the cabinet so it pulls in tight to the wall & ceiling. Good luck, let us know how you made out'

Rem

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts.

Wow, that fix you made sounds pretty complicated. Glad you were able to solve your problem. I think my problem with the bedding shelf is a little different. I have to deal with speaker box, light fixture wires, etc.

I'll keep investigating the solution. I looked it up in the repair manual and they advised on how to do it so will have a look at what both you and it suggests. I like using the shelf for storing my down comforter so need it to be strong.

kkferlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
rem
Gold Member

Whatever you decide will work well. Good luck let us know how you made out.

Rem

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Helllo, I also have an HD Rialta. I checked my bedding shelf. Apparently, the shelf is hollow and the top panel luan piece (thin wood) seems like it would lift off. Once the hollow is exposed, you should see the support brackets or screws. They probably came loose or worked loose. You may have to take that speaker box off somehow, but I would start gently lifting the panel from the right side (driver's side) and see what you find.

Paul

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #6

I just purchased a 95' Model that seemed to have the same problem. The previous owner went with a cheap and easy fix of what apears to be adjustable shower rods (one on each side) to brace the shelf in place.

bbaskett is offline   Reply With Quote