Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #1

Default Need help with water systems

new to me unit 2002 QD model… 1st time hookup to city water.. water empties from drain valves under the unit thru white plastic tubes when on city water or water pump… NOT sewer line. Have tried changing all valve closings and now totally confused and still leaking.. HELP !

lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Bronze Member

is the water draining as soon as you hook up? or when you are using the kitchen sink or shower?

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

Immediately... will NOT hold water. Drain to fresh watertank "closed" then fill water .. and it runs out. At first water was coming thru pumps - now just drains out from bottom. Then i hooked up city water and that goes straight out what looks to be the fresh water holding drainpipe and other places... water appears to be coming from 4 different places under the unit. I get no water thru pump or city connection... I've worn myself out trying different combinations and NOTHING works... giving up and going back home Tuesday and try to get help. This was the 1st trip in my new-to me rig. I love it... BUT... hauling water not too much fun.

Thanks for any help..... and thanks for replying.... WIFI not good so will check back as possible.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Got me - I thnk you've got something not connected. You'll want to get it up on a rack to see what is going on. Sorry I couldn't help. You've got a great unit, just like ours, and I'll bet it's something with a 5 minute fix.

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #5

Thanks for you help.... Will post when find resolution.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
rem
Gold Member

Thats what it sounds like Lynn, some valve left open11

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Pip

Lynn,

My 1999 has three drain valves. One on the main tank (ball valve lever) and two nylon valves on the ends of lines draining the hot water tank. Those are located under the right rear seat. Your model may be different, but you should be able to see or feel these by following the pex tubing from the water tank. My guess is someone left those open after winterizing the unit.

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #8

Have located these valves and opened and closed about a million times .... all kinds of combinations. I've given up. Will have to bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic after the Holidays. So disappointed I can't figure it out. Would love to have a pic of the proper position of the valves in one like mine but that is asking a lot. You better believe when I get this fixed I will mark and photo. Again... thanks for the help. Will post the solution when I get it !!!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #9

THANKS!!!! The previous owner HAD left the 2 drains beside the yellow lever open... Persistence and your help solved this problem... I won't forget this one. Thanks again for all your answers. Next major problem to tackle is the generator. That will definitely require a technician. Thanks again and Happly Holidays to everyone.