Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Propane readout at tank gauge and inside monitor panel

Bought a 1999 HD used in 2010. Thrilled with the rig. It has had a nice list of issues but most have been resolved. Most issues are from lack of use with prior owners. Not me.....I run it like an aircraft.

My propane gauge read FULL at the tank as well as at the inside monitor. Tanks was empty. Filled the tank and still no reading. I removed the tank dial gauge and bought a new one. Still no function. Problem was a stuck Float inside the tank. It seemed too much of a hassle to just get a new tank so I was able to "coax" a propane company to sell me a new Float unit. I have prior experience and am a certified instrumentation tech. so they were willing to sell me the new float. It took 3 months to get from the original mfg. The float pivots up and down and transmits the reading to the dial gauge magnetically. That is how the dial turns. If anyone is having this problem it can be resolved. It should be done by a propane technician if you can find one that will do it and get the gauge. It was tough to get and the mfg had none in stock and had to remanufacture (per order) the new float. Nice to be back in ship shape again and know where I stand with propane levels.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote