Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #1

Default replaceing the Audiovox VHS player with a 12vdc DVD player - anyone done this?

Would like to upgrade the built in 9" TV and the VHS player (2002 QD) and use the shrouds if possible. Has anybody found a way to do this?

rsbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #2

Default replaceing the Audiovox VHS player with a 12vdc DVD player - anyone done this?

I took the 9" tv out today. Looking at the casing, I think I can glue on a top, add a cabinet door and have a place to store maps. I bought a 15" LED tv w/dvd player I am going to mount in the back (?) next to the table on the back shelf.

I haven't taken the VCR out yet, I'm hoping there is no hole, like in the front...

I will let you know how it comes out.

Rick

rickgudnason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Bronze Member

when you remove the shroud there is a relatively small hole left where the cables and power supply come out.

Not hard to cover.

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgudnason View Post
I took the 9" tv out today. Looking at the casing, I think I can glue on a top, add a cabinet door and have a place to store maps. I bought a 15" LED tv w/dvd player I am going to mount in the back (?) next to the table on the back shelf.

I haven't taken the VCR out yet, I'm hoping there is no hole, like in the front...

I will let you know how it comes out.

Rick
Did you remove the VCR in the back yet? If so, did you remove the casing? I think this is what you mean by shroud? I, too, have installed a smaller flat screen tv and would like to replace the VCR with a DVD player. Will it play to a TV connected to the Rear Cable Outlet?
stephanietwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #5

Default Did you remove the VCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Dedra View Post
when you remove the shroud there is a relatively small hole left where the cables and power supply come out.

Not hard to cover.
Did you remove the VCR in the back yet? If so, did you remove the casing? I think this is what you mean by shroud? I, too, have installed a smaller flat screen tv and would like to replace the VCR with a DVD player. Will it play to a TV connected to the Rear Cable Outlet?
stephanietwest is offline   Reply With Quote