Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #1

Default Rialta dealerships

Does anyone have any experience with the "Rialta Heaven" dealership in Yucaipa, CA? I am considering buying a Rialta from them. Please reply to colleencarey@gci.net Thank you.

colleencarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:12 AM   #2

They seem to be a really good group of people. I considered buying from them but their price tag was a bit steep. I did learn that they don't begin work on any vehicle until it is purchased. I think it is important to understand the current condition of the vehicle "the basis" and then have a very clear understanding of what they're going to do to the vehicle prior to delivery of it. Ask lots of questions to get a complete understanding. In my case, I bought a solid 2001 Rialta HD and will modify it the way I want it to be. In the end, I will probably spend about the same but it will be "mine".

Prior to the purchase of my HD, I did my due diligence with a thorough mechanical pre-purchase inspection and a complete RV systems insepction. In the end, I knew what I was buying and what it would need.

Harve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #3

Thank you for your input. I, too, find their prices to be steep. How did you get financing, when NADA values the Rialta's only in the mid 20's?? Thanks again.

colleencarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #4

Coleen,

I found myself visiting the RialtaHeaven site often as I was looking everywhere for a Rialta HD. Over several weeks and after reading nearly every description on virtually every advertising site in the U.S., I'd invariably wind up back at the "Heaven" site. And each time I'd cringe when I saw their prices.

My SO and I considered renting one of their units, the cost for which would apply to the purchase if we decided to buy, but that would have to have been planned for well before now, and while we weren't in a hurry, we also didn't want to wait 'til next Spring.

Brokers' prices were not too dissimilar to Heaven's, and while I have no problem with paying someone a finder's fee, I was not willing to pay the premium being asked. Just too high. And as you indicated in your query, NADA lists these in the mid-20's, which suggests Heaven's prices are definitely inflated. They will say the refurbishing costs justify the difference, which is partly true, but it doesn't address the NADA issue you raised. The fact is a vehicle can rarely get any better than "excellent" (near new appearance) so for me, at least, their prices simply don't justify an additional $10K....

Like 57lincolnman said, I'd rather put most of that difference into what I want in the Rialta.

(To 57lincolnman: looks like we share an interest in nearly-60-yr-old vehicles....I have a '57 T-bird in the garage.)

Jeff Brand

jkbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:42 AM   #5

I lost my 1996 HD in a flood and would love to replace it with another HD. Anybody out there got one? Sandy
Sandyberry is offline   Reply With Quote