Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #1

Default Rialta Engine Repair

Can anyone tell me what is going on with VW dealerships and others who suddenly have stopped doing any kind of repairs on Rialtas? I live in Portland, OR and no one will touch my 1995, not even an oil change. They telll me it is an insurance issue of putting Rialta's on their lifts, but my unit weighs several hundred pounds less than the max on their lifts. It is frustrating.

Thanks.

Bob

Bobthebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2

I also have problems getting anyone to work on my 95. Can't answer why. I live in Steamboat Springs, CO. I need to find a source to get info on my Trans Temp Sensor. Steve

aromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Order your oil filter(with gasket) from your preferred German parts source and take the rig to your local RV shop. They have lifts capable of lifting rigs far heavier than your Rialta.

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Order your oil filter(with gasket) from your preferred German parts source and take the rig to your local RV shop. They have lifts capable of lifting rigs far heavier than your Rialta.

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Hi Bob, I ran into this problem here in Arizona's Phoenix area. Only one VW dealership had the lift capable of lifting my Rialta HD. You need to make sure their technicians know the Eurovan. Sadly, if there are other issues with the Winnebago coach parts, interior, Motoraid, fridge, and all that, the VW dealer won't do it. They say it is a Winnebago issue. So far, I have been able to correct those issues including replacing my Motoraid Heater Core and that was a chore. Recently my power door lock at the coach door had worn the wiring harness through and burned at the transition spring where it travels from the door to the coach body. I just fixed that but it is important to note that that circuit powers the floor light and is tied into the Dome light delay circuit. The VW dealer cut those wires at the Dome saying that it was "aftermarket" which wasn't cool. I have yet to reconnect those but all else is doing great. So, you may have to call around at more VW dealers or hope to find a place that can handle the various needs you have. I had many Check Engine light issues and they finally got it. It hasn't come on in two years now but I know the light works as I see it each time I start the engine when all the warning lights display. Otherwise, I love the coach. Just travelled 1311 miles in the southwest region and did very well. Best of luck and keep writing!

Paul

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote