Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Rialta HD optional lower oven

For any prospective HD buyers or owners out there, I would recommend the lower oven option if you are getting an HD model. I think the HD is the only rig that offers this option. If you cook at all I highly recommend a rig with this. You lose two drawers of space but one can be clever and stow accordingly. It is so nice many times to make a baked dish without the use of microwave cooking. No generator needed, no hookup needed; just propane. The Magic Chef unit cooks so well. I used my oven on my trip from Florida to Arizona when I picked up my used 1999 HD in 2010. My generator wasn't working (later resolved and now works) so, unless I was at a campground, had no microwave capability. It is nice to do baked dishes of any type or even broil steaks. Of course I wouldn't use it while moving. Not that the flame would be a problem but the food would fly about everywhere and be a disaster. Very unsafe while underway.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote