Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #1

Default Rialta Owners in California

Are there any Rialta owners in Southern Calif area?:kiss:

Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
rem
Gold Member

Hi Sandy, I wish I were there now. It's starting to get ALITTLE COLD HERE.

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #3

Sandy,

My wife, Ruth, and I just bought a 2002 Rialta last Saturday.

We live in San Diego.

We plan on enjoying the parks between San Diego and Seattle and St Louis where our kids and grandkids are living.

Rick

Rick Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 AM   #4

Hi, I am in San Marcos and looking for a low mileage HD Double to buy in order to spend days at the beach in it. So if I find one, there will be at least 2 of us I suppose.

SissyBoyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Hi, Just got my 1999 today!! I'm in Northern CA, but can easily travel anywhere in CA, or out here in the west if anyone knows about a Rialta "get together".

Tahoe

tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #6

We are considering buying a Rialta from Rialtaheaven in Yucaipa.

Anyone Californian on this forum buy from them ?

And if "Yes" how were they to deal with, and was the purchase as advertised ?

tahoeartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #7

We have a 2000 QD and are based out of San Diego (Mira Mesa). Plan to travel most of the year and spend winters back in the hometown.
Currently on a road trip and will be back for the first couple weeks of November and then we'll hit the road again.

Seeing more and more Rialtas recently. Another one popped up last month making it three of them in a 1 mile radius from where we (used to) live.

shacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #8

tahoe said:

Hi, Just got my 1999 today!! I'm in Northern CA, but can easily travel anywhere in CA, or out here in the west if anyone knows about a Rialta "get together".

Tahoe

Im interested in what you think about the 1999 Rialta since it has the smaller engine.

We live in Nevada at Reno and have been told NOT to buy smaller engine prior to the 2002 Rialta.

Whats your take as to smaller engine and experiences driving in mountains or just steep terrain etc.

thanx

ed

Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #9

shacky said:

We have a 2000 QD and are based out of San Diego (Mira Mesa). Plan to travel most of the year and spend winters back in the hometown.
Currently on a road trip and will be back for the first couple weeks of November and then we'll hit the road again.

Seeing more and more Rialtas recently. Another one popped up last month making it three of them in a 1 mile radius from where we (used to) live.

Can you give us input as to how the 2000 Rialta handles with what we understand has the smaller engine.

Im being told to be sure we buy the 2002 or newer with larger engine.

ed

Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #10

(I really need to visit this site more often)

We've had the 2000 Rialta QD for almost a year now, travelling fulltime for about 3/4 of that and I have to say that I really love driving it. The only knock is the low power when climbing hills. But if you don't mind crowds gathering behind you or using pullouts, then it's just fine. I also had to install a tranny cooler since I was having shifting issues during a few mountainous climbs.

shacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Baldeagle said:
shacky said:

Can you give us input as to how the 2000 Rialta handles with what we understand has the smaller engine.

Im being told to be sure we buy the 2002 or newer with larger engine.

ed

Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Just got your post , Ed. I did want to let you know that my Rialta has been up to Mt. Lassen, down to Big Sur & Monterey without any problems. My wife traveled with her mother in it, and she said it had good power up the hills, as well as getting 17 MPG (combined).

Old 03-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #13

Baldeagle said:
tahoe said:

Tahoe

Im interested in what you think about the 1999 Rialta since it has the smaller engine.

We live in Nevada at Reno and have been told NOT to buy smaller engine prior to the 2002 Rialta.

Whats your take as to smaller engine and experiences driving in mountains or just steep terrain etc.

thanx

ed

Hi All...Where did you get the info on engine size? The 95 and 96 Rialtas have a 5 cylinder engine, the 97 and up have a 6 cylinder with 201 HP...

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thx, LPS

beavertonrialta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #14
Platinum Member

The best place to see specifications on the Rialta year by year is at this URL.

http://www.rialtainfo.com/

The 97' to 2001 model has the 145 HP engine and the 2002 up have the 201 HP engine. The 145 hp has 12 valves and the 201 hp has 24 valves.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote