Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1

Default Seat belts

Hi. I am a new owner of a slightly used 2001 QD. SO far, I love it.

One thing that already makes me crazy...(not a very long trip!)

The front seat belt anchors....!!!

These are on a cable type anchor which falls over. I have a terrible time trying to find it and then get the belt side into it. Has anyone a better solution.....

I figured if I took the cable anchor loose, then fished it thru the seat, then reattached to the floor, it would be in the right position... But, then the seat wouldn't be able to swivel. (Altho, I don't know how much I am going to swivel it... Seems kind of difficult to swivel. with the room you have....

Thanks....

Rick

rickgudnason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Seat belts

We used a thick piece of scrap plastic, about the size of your palm. Round the corners, punch a hole in one corner, thread a thick rubber band loop through it and the other end of the rubber band goes around the seat belt cable. Then tuck the flat piece of plastic behind the vinyl that lays up against the inward side of the seat cushion. Worked for us. But in the end, we bought an aftermarket storage console that fits between the front seats. Gave us lots of storage and it pushed the seatbelt ends right up against the seat cushions where they should be to begin with. That would be my recommend. We didn't attach it to anything. So when we get to the campsite, we just slide it back and behind one of the seats. Great place to put all the junk from your cargo-pocket unload at the end of the day. Good luck

Bob and Dedra is offline   Reply With Quote