Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #1

Default Sensor for Drivers Side Window

We have a 97 Rialta & have been having aproblem with the drivers side window going part way up & then coming back down. Our RV repair guy says the sensor has gone bad but the motor itself is still good. He checked & apparently the only places that sell these state you have to buy the entire motor unit at over $700.00!!! Does anyone out there have a used motor unit or just the sensor itself or know of anywhere we can purchase the sensor alone? Thanks

yellowbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Sensor for Drivers Side Window

I had to replace the motor/sensor unit in my 1999 HD Rialta. I had it done at Volkswagen because I want everything factory correct. Not fond of spending big money but peace of mind is worth it to me. My repair came to $1200 which is standard for the Driver's window. In my case, the motor went out too. I would recommend having it fixed correctly or the express up and down won't work properly or will fail in short order. The price at $700 is good if they can do it right. Have you called Volkswagen and asked for a ballpark figure of this repair? Not sure if you have a VW dealer nearby but just a thought. Please let us know what you come up with. You mentioned purchasing the sensor alone. Putting the thing in may be another story and complicated unless you know how. My window started doing this halfway up and down thing days before the motor went out.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote