Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Shower Power Drain pump filter screen

Just got back from a fantastic holiday trip with my '99 Rialta HD. Got great mpg considering I kept posted speeds of 75 mph most of the time. A friend and I showered each day during the trip; some self-contained and the others full hook up. Either way, the power drain is used. It started to slow down after the 12th shower. I did remember reading that one needs to clean the screen inside the pump regularly. I did NOT know how "regularly" they meant. It was hard to reach the thing and I made it easy by just removing the closet floor quickly. The screen was solid gray lint?? I figured hair, etc. but just like gray lint. I was confounded and, as always, wondered why no one ever mentions stuff like this on here??? So I am now! After cleaning the screen and re-installing, the drain worked fast as lightening! I finally figured it out. We were using thick terry towel wash cloths. That screen is very tiny. It didn't take much. So, I went out and bought some non-shedding shower poufs made of nylon. That should solve that. Hope this helps anyone. This was my first time having my Rialta at a full hook up so I wanted to see if the little water heater could handle a full shower like I take at home. I was very surprised that it did! What a machine! As it was, we were able to get 4 good showers without overloading the black tank in addition to its other uses while self-contained.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #2

Hi Paul,

My wife and I love reading your posts, they have been very informative. We bought a 2000 QD in October 2012 and went from KY to VT by way of NC. (Had to get home before Super Storm Sandy).

My question is, are the cupboard doors supposed to stay up when opened or are my hinges worn out?

In my parent's RV (Lindy) the cupboard doors would stay open. Thanks, Dick & Patti
papabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
rem
Gold Member

Your hinges are fine, it's the pistons

rem is offline   Reply With Quote