Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #1

Default shower pump

Our shower sump pump is not working. Seems it needs to be primed every time. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks much

heartcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
rem
Gold Member

Default shower pump

I have not had any problems with our pump. BUT , like a boat pump , take it apart & ck. the gaskets & or O rings if any . It might be sucking air.

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default shower pump

I wrote about this to another member. My pump also did not work and had to be primed. Because of age and/or lack of use this is common on self-priming pumps. The easiest and cheapest solution is to buy a new Pump Head (ShurFlo model 208. I got mine from Amazon.com and it was around $50. This is the entire pump head. You will leave the motor portion installed and unscrew the black plastic pump head and disconnect the two red wires. This way, replacing the entire head ensures all new rubber diaphragms, check valves, and switch operations. It screws onto the old motor with three screws and then you are done.

Once replaced, I turned the switch for the power drain on and it immediately gave a strong gurgling noise. I had a two gallon bucket of water on hand to test it. I poured it all in at once and within seconds it was gone. If a self-priming pump is working properly it should be almost instantaneous. Good luck!

Paul

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote