Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #1

Default Snow Tires

Looking for help! I have never driven my 1995 Rialta in the snow and as I now live in Gardiner MT and want to travel about I need snow tires. Right now I am slipping a bit when going up even a slight incline. Please offer suggestions. Thanks!

Adele

adelearnesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #2

Default Snow Tires

Hi Adele,

I see this was posted a year ago, but I want to reply anyway. Coincedently, I just purchased a '95 Rialta and I too live in Gardiner. I don't have an answer to your tire problem, but am starting to think about travel over snow & how these RVs do in winter driving conditions. I went over to the DinoLube here in town to ask if they would look at some other issues with my rig, but they do not have a lift or large enough bay to work in. So I will be looking for a mechanic or dealer who is willing to work on VW chassis & also inquire about tire recommendations. I will let you know what I come up with.

PS I live on Park St. in the stone house across from the smoke stack

lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Snow Tires

Snow tires will work okay but most of the weight is on the rear of the Rialta. Even on wet grass and slight incline you will have a hard time with traction. This is a know problem with the Rialta for poor traction on anything slippery. This is true with all the engines, L5 or V6.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote