Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #1

Default Sump pump filter

Has anyone taken the screen out of the filter in the sump pump line. What would it hurt to let the water run thru to the black water tank without being filtered. I just cleaned the one in our Rialta and it is plugged up again. Also that could be the reason for thinking the pump needs replacing. Our pump was not working at all until the filter was cleaned. Don
donminton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #2

Default Sump pump filter

I have had to unclog mine about 3 times now. Im thinking about just removing this filter also. Anybody know the damage if any?

wmd239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #3

Default Sump pump filter

I would think it would just shorten the life of the pump. Sadly, you can't buy just a pump, you have to buy the motor too. If you could rebuild the pump with new diaphrams, you could do that and put it on the motor without having to buy a new one.

I recently had my pump/motor replaced. I discussed that exact issue with the mechanic. He agreed. He also informed me that you used to be able to buy the pump and motor seperately for that purpose. I kept the old motor with the ruined pump in hopes of maybe finding the diaphram parts to rebuild it. Maybe at a marina.

walbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Sump pump filter

Yes, you still can buy the pump head seperately from ShurFlo. It is the ShurFlo 2088 replacement pump head and runs around $50. I got mine in August 2011 from amazon.com. It is the sure fire way to fix that shower drain pump. It would be a mistake to leave the screen out. The debris would jam the pump and diaphragms in no time. If it is too hard to reach the screen cleanout, you can take the wardrobe floor out with three easy screws to get to it. Of course, I only know this location as I have an HD. I think the QD, HD, are the same as far as the pumps go.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote