Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 02:26 AM   #1

Default Torque pro for Volkswagen Rialta

Just wondering if any other Rialta owner has installed Torque pro to monitor the vechicle functions. Have heard that the Rialta has potential transmission problems if it over heats. Thought monitoring the temp would be wise.

The problem I an having is that it will not recognize my vehicle but works perfect on my Toyota. If anyone knows where I might find the communication protocol for a 2005 Rialta or knows why my Torque pro will not work it would be appreciated.

Thanks
paul@irenemackenzie.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:02 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul@irenemackenzie.com View Post
Just wondering if any other Rialta owner has installed Torque pro to monitor the vechicle functions. Have heard that the Rialta has potential transmission problems if it over heats. Thought monitoring the temp would be wise.

The problem I an having is that it will not recognize my vehicle but works perfect on my Toyota. If anyone knows where I might find the communication protocol for a 2005 Rialta or knows why my Torque pro will not work it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Paul!

I don't own a Rialta (VW chassis if I recall), but there's good help on this forum.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:15 AM   #3

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum Paul!

I don't own a Rialta (VW chassis if I recall), but there's good help on this forum.
thanks, am looking forward to to site as it seems to have a ton of useful info!
Old 06-23-2019, 03:19 AM   #4
Silver Member

most of us Rialta owners ( post 1999) use ScanGauge II monitors with the Rialta fix by Linear Logic

Robert
rtsukijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Here are several URL's for Rialta's that discuss transmission problems and fixes. Most owners install an external transmission cooler with bypass. See below.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Rialta-Tech/info
https://groups.io/g/Rialta
Winnebago Rialta Motor Home

MLogan
Former 04' owner
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #6

I've successfully used the Torque Pro app on my '02 Rialta HD and am very happy with it. I've use a couple of different OBD-II adapters as well. This is likely where you're running into your problems... not all adapters will work with the app. I suggest you review the approved adapter list that the app author has put together and make sure that you've got one of them that's on the list.
Still having problems?... send me a PM and maybe we can do some off-line troubleshooting.
Doc Popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #7
Platinum Member

I have a 1999 Rialta HD. Don't have that Torque Pro. I do have some tips JUST IN CASE IT HELPS ANYONE. When driving around stop and go traffic, leave the Selector in 3 and not Overdrive. When climbing any grades or mountains DEFINITELY use the Cruise Control feature. It will allow the computer to make selections and the shifting is usually flawless. There can be times if the grade is too steep it will disengage. Mostly it does an amazing job and keeps your transmission healthy. I can't keep up the same speeds by driving this without Cruise; especially on hills. I live in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona and I have no overheating issues.
CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #8

Thanks Paul that great info. We live in chilly Niagara Falls but plan on taking
our Rialta to Arizona this winter and that's why I'm concerned about the
transmission more than I normally would be.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #9

Thanks Doc, I think you may be right as it seem to lock onto the correct communication protocol for my vehicle but just doesn't connect. I'm looking at buy another adapter that is known to work okay so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Paul
Old 11-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #10

I would also appreciate any information on Torque Pro for transmission temp 2005 Rialta QD
autoenvirons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Popper View Post
I've successfully used the Torque Pro app on my '02 Rialta HD and am very happy with it. I've use a couple of different OBD-II adapters as well. This is likely where you're running into your problems... not all adapters will work with the app. I suggest you review the approved adapter list that the app author has put together and make sure that you've got one of them that's on the list.
Still having problems?... send me a PM and maybe we can do some off-line troubleshooting.
I would really appreciate your suggestion regarding the adaptor. I use Android, but that shouldn't be a huge factor.
AttorneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
communication protocol, torque pro