Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 07:11 PM   #1
GHI

Default baggage door catch for a PW

I have a 2011 PW Lexor. From time to time I have a minor part I need to find. I always get the run around going back and forth between PW and my local worthless dealership.

Anyway, I need a baggage door catch. I think that's what it is called. The piece that holds my exterior storage compartment door open. There are a bunch of different sizes you can get, but I want to get a direct replacement of what was on there. Anyone know what baggage door catch Pleasureway uses?
GHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHI View Post
I have a 2011 PW Lexor. From time to time I have a minor part I need to find. I always get the run around going back and forth between PW and my local worthless dealership.

Anyway, I need a baggage door catch. I think that's what it is called. The piece that holds my exterior storage compartment door open. There are a bunch of different sizes you can get, but I want to get a direct replacement of what was on there. Anyone know what baggage door catch Pleasureway uses?
Might help if you post a picture of the latch. Very knowledgeable folks here, but they need a little help (unless of course, someone has your exact model).
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:33 AM   #3
GHI

Good call. I was just in a hurry and hoping the stars aligned and somebody knew exactly what I was talking about. Some folks are just that good.

The particular one I want is 2 1/4 inches in length. Most I’m finding are 2.5. I don’t want to have issues with aligning new screws . That’s why I’d rather get exactly what PW uses.

Of course the position of the pic is wrong. Today is not my day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 980D4D19-253E-44DC-B8B4-783B51E30AD9.jpg (150.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 8CB67CFC-322D-434A-BA5D-F3ED13120A02.jpg (132.0 KB, 17 views)
GHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:07 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHI View Post
Good call. I was just in a hurry and hoping the stars aligned and somebody knew exactly what I was talking about. Some folks are just that good.

The particular one I want is 2 1/4 inches in length. Most I’m finding are 2.5. I don’t want to have issues with aligning new screws . That’s why I’d rather get exactly what PW uses.

Of course the position of the pic is wrong. Today is not my day.
Way different than what I had imagined. Glad I have the standard key locks that can be purchased almost anywhere. Yours is certainly a specialty item.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Looks like my door catch on my Winnebago Trend. The open part is 2 1/4" long attached to body and with the clasp closed is 2 1/2" long. You may can obtain this part at any RV parts store or look on eBay.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Try this link and scroll down:

compartment hardware | hatch hardware | rv hardware

Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:59 PM   #7
Silver Member

Did you contact Pleasure Way directly?
I have had my best luck talking directly with them.

Phone
1-800-364-0189
Toll Free Monday to Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Central Time (CT)
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #8

Default Luggage door latch

I have replaced several of these luggage door latches on my PW. I just ordered from Amazon. There aren't many choices as I recall. Some have rounded edges and some are more squared off. I think the screw holes are standard or at least the several I ordered fit fine. They are very inexpensive anyway. My hubby drives into shrubs occasionally, well more than occasionally, so I carry these in my repair kit.
Here is one example from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/CampN-Pack-Ba...s%2C153&sr=8-3
osssa is offline   Reply With Quote