Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #1

Default BBQ for 2015 Pleasure Way XLMB

Hello, We just picked up our unit yesterday and we are having a hard time finding a BBQ that will fit in the outside storage unit because it has an 8" opening. Does anyone have any recommendations for a small BBQ that will fit in our outside storage?
kmaclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaclachlan View Post
Hello, We just picked up our unit yesterday and we are having a hard time finding a BBQ that will fit in the outside storage unit because it has an 8" opening. Does anyone have any recommendations for a small BBQ that will fit in our outside storage?
There more than 2 or 3 to choose from, but it might assist if the other dimensions are known.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Default BBQ

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

We use a Kingsford Portable Grill, but not often. We have a 2002 190V, so there is no outside storage. I have the BBQ in a storage spot under the bed. I have also used the Disposable Charcoal Grills and those work great, use them once and toss them out, so no storage problems.
richpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:33 AM   #4

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Char-Broi...Grill/16422835
A Charbroil portable propane grill like this one from Walmart fits in the passenger side compartment of my 2016 XLMB. You must remove the lid, then tilt the base up on the leading edge, insert the legs through the opening, then rotate the base into the opening until the legs on the following edge will fit. You can then insert the lid to the side and slip it back on top of the grill. This is a cheap, crappy grill, but it grills OK and for the price you could replace it annually. It is designed to use propane canisters but I think you could probably adapt it to the quick connect on the XLMB. I have not tried that yet. There are other grills that will probably fit, but they were more more expensive and more like glorified camp stoves with a cheap grill fitted over the burner(s). e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000...%2C236&sr=8-10
Tell Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #5

According to the owners manual for the 2016 Pleasureway Plateau XLMB: "This compartment is approximately 26 1⁄2” long X 21” deep X 14” High." The problem is that the opening is somewhat smaller than that. Don't have exact measurements for it.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 PM   #6

This might work: https://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Gonzo-...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 06-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #7

Check the napoleon Q's.
lxmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #8

Napoleon TQ2225PO is essentially a 23" circle. Probably won't lie flat but might fit on an angle. Contradictory info on Amazon as to whether it can be adapted to quick connect. (Seller seems to struggle with English.) $200
Old 06-16-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default Not sure of the dimensions but look at O-Grill

I had to find a small propane grill to fit under the passenger side bed in our new Travato and look at it seems all of them. The best small grill I found by far is the O-Grill. About $150 at Camping World. It gets super hot to sear a steak properly , is sturdily built, and grill itself is thick cast iron. If it’ll fit it’s the best choice for cooking.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #10

https://www.bbqgalore.com/clearance-...pro-iroda.html

O-Grill 900T Portable Gas Grill by Pro-Iroda $189

Dimensions 20.5"x8.5"x23"
Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #11

We have a 2017 PW with the same size compartments. I purchased the Weber Q2200, which is a great grill in itself regardless of the need to stow it. The secret to getting it into the outside compartment, is to pull the two pins on the aluminum lid and remove it. Then put the lower part of the grill into the compartment. Then, you can slide the lid up inside the compartment and back over the top of the grill. You remove it one piece at a time when taking it out. It works pretty well for me, even though it is a snug fit. I put the pins and keepers in a small ziplock bag and place it on the grill surface such that they won't get lost. I like a great grill. The other choices that fit in the compartment just seemed like average at best and most had several drawbacks. This grill will take up most of one compartment, so that is the main compromise.

Joe
JoePacificNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell Sackett View Post
https://www.bbqgalore.com/clearance-...pro-iroda.html

O-Grill 900T Portable Gas Grill by Pro-Iroda $189

Dimensions 20.5"x8.5"x23"
We have a 2015 XLMB and the above grill just fits with a little finesse.
Not sure they make that grill anymore and if I remember correctly they had two sizes. Get the small one.
I really like this grill though I haven't used it much.
paddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#smallbbq