Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Bought a new tool

We were camping a couple of weeks ago and the neighbor asked if we had an axe they could borrow, just so happens we do! The axe I lent him was an older trimming axe that I had fixed up with paint and non slip coating, nothing fancy but it looked good and was sharp. After he brought it back after splitting a few rounds he said the head was loose and told me to drive another wedge into the handle to tighten it up. I should say that he did thank me for its use and that was that, sort of! After thinking about this for awhile I decided to tighten the head onto the handle my way... soaking it in water. This swells the wood and tightens it to the head, not a permanent fix, but it works for awhile. Anyway I got to thinking about the guy sort of picking apart my axe quality and I decided I would get another one.

Long story short, my new axe arrived by mail a couple of days ago. A brand new Gransfors trimming axe! Just got through Sno-Sealing the sheath and will be ready to go tomorrow on our next trip. I hope to run into the neighbor again, he will be able to borrow a brand new Gransfors that cost me $160.00 thanks to him. Hopefully nobody talks bad about my B on this trip, that could be a spendy pride adjustment!
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

That's funny
Maybe you should just give him the old one.......then he can't loosen the head on the new one?
Cheers
Eddie
Eraygunz is offline   Reply With Quote