Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
RMo
Bronze Member

Default Concerned about Roadtrek parts availability?

Hi All, thanks for the info to date in all your posts.

We are on the verge of buying a used CS Adventurous and are targeting the years 2015 to 2019. At what age (in the future) does the issue of parts availability rear its ugly head? I know it will vary, but I'd like to get some informed views on how old will be too old to get parts for an Adventurous. Thanks
RMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Forums

you can separate out the "roadtrek" parts like the body kit ( if applicable) and anything custom made for/by roadtrek

most of the appliances and energy systems are likely used by other RV manufacturers ( ex dometic fridge, thetford toilet) and if so, parts available widely. Some of these items have been used for years.

and the "van" parts will be available from the van manufacturer ( ford, chev, MB, fiat/dodge etc)

There will be a few foibles and some of the R/T owners of those models will be able to point out what to watch for

some of the sprinter owners can talk about any issues, some have emissions control problems/costs

( I have an 2006 pleasure way on a chev, the only parts I can think would be an issue would be if I damaged some of the fiberglass bodywork- the chev part can be fixed anywhere by anyone with parts from napa- the appliances I have are all simple & commonly used)

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:49 AM   #3
Platinum Member

For Roadtrek specific components, that time is already here due to their disolution into receivership last year. There is their proprietary (mostly) Ecotrek system. Plus, the CS is probably their rarest model.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:26 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I would check with a Roadtrek dealer. As I understand it, the new Roadtrek models are virtually identical to the ones produced by the old company. So theoretically getting parts should not be a problem. The dealer service folks could likely tell you whether that is really true. I think Covid is throwing a wrench into parts supply even for components that are widely used by multiple brands.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurous, availability, parts, roadtrek