Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #21
Platinum Member

This aluminum folding step by Stromberg helps us to climb into our van and to keep the van’s floor reasonably clean. We keep shoes on the folding step and on the van’s step during the day and on the van’s step overnight. It folds flat and is easy to store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR10188.1.jpg (1.11 MB, 15 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I have 2 dogs, and one doesn't like slippery surfaces, so I have a runner down the middle, a dog mat (similar to a chenille bath mat) just inside the sliding door and an outdoor rubber mat with little nubs on it ($2 at Walmart).

The outdoor and chenille mats are the ones that keep my floor clean plus a small brush and dustpan. We shake the mats out every 1-2 days, sweep the floor once a week and shake the long runner every 3 or 4 days. That takes care of most of it.

Any additional cleaning is specific to having long haired dogs. They're worth it.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:46 AM   #23
Bronze Member

I have a heavy 8x8 mesh. It was at first a blackout blind,I just cut the roller off. Works great,and folds tp to about 1.5x1.5 for storage. Just have a wisk broom to sweep it off for the pine cones and needles. Cleaning is easy...Hose it off.
Frumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #24
Platinum Member

We use a shop brush on our Marmoleum. A small piece of the thinnest flexible cutting board makes an excellent "dust pan".

We have an astroturf mat just inside the slider, which catches an amazing amount of debris. The toilet, which also functions as a seat, is right beside it, so when our boots are wet or particularly filthy, we can remove them before stepping off the mat.

Once a week or so, I wipe the Marmoleum with a wet paper towel.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote