Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2020, 09:14 PM   #1

Default Looking for Steps for a Winnebago Travato on a Dodge Promaster

Our Travato came with steps on the passenger and driver side but they are very high. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you solve it ?
bpestun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

If you google rv steps on Amazon you will find a variety of solutions but they all appear to deal with the step into the living area of the rv from the outside.

I considered the permanently mounted, slide out, type for my 97 PW but was concerned about potential mounting points and what it might do to the underside clearance.

We ended up just getting an inexpensive single footstool but you can see that they make more expensive fold-up ones that wouldn't take much storage space when on the move.

For the actual driver and passenger door you might try looking for something that's designed for high rise trucks.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:07 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply. We have to carry a footstool everywhere for not only the living area ( sliding door) but also the front. We would love to get something permanent that I could mount like a running board but have had no luck in finding it. The access to the passenger front actually is mounted in an upraised direction making it even higher.
bpestun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:47 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Yes. A running board was what I was thinking. But if you have varying heights that might not be the solution. Maybe something like the Bully BBS-1103 (Check Amazon) which could be individually mounted at each door?

I'm not sure what you have around you but in Arizona we have tons of shops that deal with accessories and customizing of vehicles for off-road applications. Those are typically raised to get more clearance and usually need something like this or a running board to get in/out. If you could find such a shop, I'd drive the RV over there and ask them for solutions. They often have to be inventive and fabricate to fit.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access steps, winnebago travato