Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #1

Default New cushons pleasureway excell

I have a 2007 excell. The power sofa/ bed cushons are shot. You bottom out after a couple of minutes while sitting. Any ideas on where replacemenr cushons can be found?
Matt o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Are we talking about loose cushions or a sofa with frame, springs, foam, and a cover? Assuming the latter, I would probably take it to a local auto/marine upholstery shop.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #3

We redid our front seats and jackknife sofa here in Florida. Price was reasonable, and we did it in (real) leather. Found out after, there was a better grade of leather that would have been easier to sit on. But what we have is not bad. The shop did all the work. All I had to do was take my RV to them. Quick turn around. Looks much better than what was there.
Nick&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #4
Platinum Member

My 09 PW Lexor TS has the power sofa. 4 bolts to remove the sofa cushion and it is easy to take out. I brought mine to a professional. He put new firmer memory foam in. It's like new.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 AM   #5

There is a complete Excel TS bed system in my garage if you are passing Vernon, BC anytime. I really wanted to buy a TD, so on purchasing the TS last year, I removed the folding bed and replaced with a pair of permanent beds/sofas with 6 inch thick foam mattresses. I also removed the clutter from the floor, providing access to the back door and my 13 foot kayak now fits inside for easy transport.
RayLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLambert View Post
There is a complete Excel TS bed system in my garage if you are passing Vernon, BC anytime. I really wanted to buy a TD, so on purchasing the TS last year, I removed the folding bed and replaced with a pair of permanent beds/sofas with 6 inch thick foam mattresses. I also removed the clutter from the floor, providing access to the back door and my 13 foot kayak now fits inside for easy transport.
We like the idea of our twin beds. But being 20 years old, the beds need to be replaced. Can you tell me how or where you got your foam mattresses. 6 inches thick would be nice. And we also need to replace the back cushions as well.

We like our van, but are now finding that we may have to replace the frig. I seems to only work on LP gas, and not A/C.
Nick&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #7

The mattress came from a very comfortable queen-sized bed with a memory foam mattress.

Being of the "Mend and Make Do" generation, my wife took a bread knife to it and then covered the two resultant single mattresses with surplus sheet material. Machine and then hand stitched to close the end. We have elasticated bed sheets to pop on in the van.
I have just measured the mattress. It is actually a bit over 8 inches thick, 30 inches wide and 6' 3" long. Very, very comfy, I have slept on it indoors this winter when ejected from the marital pit by snoring!

Photo of the modified van attached, just coming out of winter hibernation, the mattresses are still indoors. You will notice I have also removed the obsolete electronics and my first job this year will to finish off removing the old shelving and wiring and to fit new bed reading lights.
Before the major expense and HASSLE of replacing your 'fridge, I would check the 120V circuitry for blown fuses or other faults. If the fridge works on LP gas and 12V, the refrigerating part is fine, just the 120V heater not working. The 120V heater itself is easy to replace and not expensive - plenty of "how to" information on this forum and YouTube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-04-19_beds_1.jpg (152.5 KB, 9 views)
1973 Bedford CA clam-shell rising roof
RayLambert is offline   Reply With Quote