Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek "aero panel" replacement

My 2006 Roadtrek 190 is missing one of the plastic "aero" panels that sit at the bottom of the front doors on top of the running board to increase aerodynamics. Anyone have an idea where someone could buy a new or used one?
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwechs View Post
My 2006 Roadtrek 190 is missing one of the plastic "aero" panels that sit at the bottom of the front doors on top of the running board to increase aerodynamics. Anyone have an idea where someone could buy a new or used one?
Try Mobile Life RV in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
dicktill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Try "van.life", 314 LAKESIDE DR, BRANDON, MS : " Van.Life has acquired molds used to make body trim panels of the Roadtrek 210, 190, and 170 Chevy-based products. We have also purchased the remaining replacement glass inventory for limited Dodge and Chevy Roadtrek vans, as well as generators, awnings, upholstery, inverters, propane tanks, wheels, and miscellaneous spare parts for Chevy models 2001-2019. We are in the process of setting up an ecommerce store where these items can be purchased. In the meantime, feel free to use this form or email roadtrek@van.life with your parts requirements."

Fair warning - remember that as the owner of a orphan motorhome, the prices may shock you! They have a captive audience!! You can't get this stuff from Roadtrek and if you don't want to pay the price, you have someone fabricate it, or fabricate it yourself, or go without.
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
Try "van.life", 314 LAKESIDE DR, BRANDON, MS : " Van.Life has acquired molds used to make body trim panels of the Roadtrek 210, 190, and 170 Chevy-based products. We have also purchased the remaining replacement glass inventory for limited Dodge and Chevy Roadtrek vans, as well as generators, awnings, upholstery, inverters, propane tanks, wheels, and miscellaneous spare parts for Chevy models 2001-2019. We are in the process of setting up an ecommerce store where these items can be purchased. In the meantime, feel free to use this form or email roadtrek@van.life with your parts requirements."

Fair warning - remember that as the owner of a orphan motorhome, the prices may shock you! They have a captive audience!! You can't get this stuff from Roadtrek and if you don't want to pay the price, you have someone fabricate it, or fabricate it yourself, or go without.

Has anyone actually got a response from them lately? Last I heard they appeared to have gone dark and unresponsive.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:17 PM   #5

I’ve been trying to get a hold of van life for over a year with no luck. I also lost a panel on my 2006 RT 170. I have decided to take mine. fill in the holes and repaint the lower panel. I understand it’s going to mess up the Aerodynamics, But I’m not willing to pay the high price for used panels if I could even find them.
Neil Worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
Platinum Member

In Facebook - the "Class B RV PARTS and Accessories-Buy, Sell, Trade" group.
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
Old 03-14-2021, 10:05 PM   #7
Silver Member

That Vanlife business mentioned above does have the panel. but it's $450 (for one panel). It would take a lot of mileage to make up that cost!
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:37 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Worley View Post
I’ve been trying to get a hold of van life for over a year with no luck.
They would never respond to me either. Email and phone got no response.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwechs View Post
That Vanlife business mentioned above does have the panel. but it's $450 (for one panel). It would take a lot of mileage to make up that cost!
Both Vanlife and Mobile Life RV purchased all of Roadtrek's old Chevy and Dodge RT parts at auction. They are the only business where we can get Roadtrek parts that fit our Roadtreks. They know that they have a very captive audience for the parts they acquired. If we can't find it used or can't have it manufactured, we are at their mercy and high prices! They are the only outlet for the Manchester Propane Tanks outfitted to attach to our Roadtreks. You can buy the right size tank elsewhere for about $700 but it will not bolt up. Mobile Life has them ready to bolt up for $1600. They put up the money to but those Roadtrek parts when Roadtrek was going under!
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225