Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2020, 06:08 PM   #21
Silver Member

Trimark keys fit side door on my 200.
Scottie409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:11 PM   #22
Silver Member

has anyone in Ontario had their RT painted and if so how much $
Scottie409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie409 View Post
Trimark keys fit side door on my 200.
I am trying also to replace the side door key. When I removed the inside cover I saw inside written with a black marker TM 231. I went to the locksmith to make me one but it didn’t work. I suspect maybe the locksmith messed up. Maybe I’ll go try a different locksmith. I’ll attach pictures. Any thoughts?

(The locksmith looked through three different old books trying to line things up and there was a bit of a controversy between him and another guy about it. In the end he said not guaranteed since it was so old. We have a better, albeit more expensive, locksmith we could try).
coreyrempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #24
Platinum Member

2001 200 Versatile, 2000 chassis. Our side door key is Ilco 104AM AP4.
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #25

Try a website called EasyKeys.com They stock keys for all locks like this. I ordered keys for a locked file cabinet and it only took a few days to get them via mail. excellent website.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #26

I am in Ottawa and had the top of my 2006 RT 210V painted by Majestic Auto Restorers. They did a great job. It is a hard job as they are up and down on a ladder to sand and paint. You will have to decide if you want the Roadtrek decal and/or pin stripping to be masked off or painted over.
djdeld01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:56 AM   #27

i belive i had the same problem i remove my lock and took it to the lock smith were he made a duppelcate key work good it is a tm blank cant rember the # it only cost me22 dollors for to keys. hope this is helpfull.
sonofthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofthunder View Post
i belive i had the same problem i remove my lock and took it to the lock smith were he made a duppelcate key work good it is a tm blank cant rember the # it only cost me22 dollors for to keys. hope this is helpfull.
its also a single sided key.
sonofthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #29

Default Another with lost storage keys to a Roadtrek

I have a 2005 Roadtrek 170/Chev 2500 and I am missing the storage compartment keys ... I think. I will try to post some pics as I explsin my issue. I am a newbie to RV'g. A Family member gave me this Roadtrek and I am sorting some things out. I am not a mechanical "novice", but all this equipment and subsystems are a bit challenging.

I received 3 keys in the deal: a single silver key for the ignition and chassis pasenger doors/locks and 2 smaller brass (?) keys shaped alike, but stamped 'Y13' and 'Y11', respectively. The outer surface of the locks look very similar to older GM style outer locks, but beyond the fact that none of the three keys I have seem to unlock any of the storage compartment locks (or any others I have located), this just seems strange. I would normally ask the prior Owner, but it belonged to my sister-in-law's father who was a widower and passed away last year. No one seems to know ... or be "in the know".

I joined this forum and have learned quite a lot already and thought I'd 'piggy-back' on this thread's original issue instead of starting a new thread over the same issue. Anyone's and everyone's help is appreciated.

I have written down the various possible key/lock mfgr's (Strattec, Trimark, etc.) Maybe the pics will help someone recognize the type of lock or rule out one or more. I checked the original Owner's Manual for 2005 Roadtrek models 170 & 190 Chevrolet Express chassis and found something that seems related in the "Appliance & Accessory Manufacturer's Log": Running Board Lock ...... Briggs & Stratton ...... 702852 AB1. Of couse, there is warning language at the bottom of the list which states that the Manufacturers and part numbers are subject to change witout notice. I have a July 2004 build date for the Chevrolet, so I am thinking my Roadtrek is an early build 2005 model.

I will start the process of checking with a local locksmith, but if anyone sees something and has advice, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

- Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keys 1.jpg (393.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Keys 2.jpg (231.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg compartment lock.jpg (70.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Storage compartments.jpg (147.3 KB, 5 views)
Hawken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:56 AM   #30
Platinum Member

A tip about the storage compartments: You have to compress the doors against the seals to relieve pressure on the locks before the key will turn easily. I stand with the van to my side, press my knee against the door, and turn the key.
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:22 AM   #31

In the end, I took it to a GOOD LOCKSMITH who PICKED THE LOCK. Once the door is open, the locksmith can remove the lock from the door and use their skills to identify an appropriate key.
coreyrempel is offline   Reply With Quote