Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2022, 09:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33
Default Toilet valve

My toilet is filling with water and would like to know where the valve is and what to do
2000 roadtrek 200 versitile
Thanks Ann
sewright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:45 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You could start by turning the water pump off. The valve is at the water entry to the toilet. The toilet usually has to be removed to get access, that takes the removal of two nuts near the floor and the water line.

This disables your water system so hopefully you have a replacement valve in hand before you start this project. Buy two, you should carry a spare.

Life will be better for you if you don’t drop either the nuts or bolts into the black tank as you remove the toilet.

Replace the valve with new.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Ann, as long as you are playing with the plumbing you may want to consider placing a shut off valve on the supply line.

On our 200 I installed the small plastic accumulator at the supply line and Velcroed it in place behind the toilet. A good use of an otherwise not used space was my thinking.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Ann, as long as you are playing with the plumbing you may want to consider placing a shut off valve on the supply line.

On our 200 I installed the small plastic accumulator at the supply line and Velcroed it in place behind the toilet. A good use of an otherwise not used space was my thinking.
I couldn’t figure a way to put a valve in there. Have to look at the accumulator idea. Can you get a picture from above? Never liked the fact that if the toilet valve goes the whole water system goes.

I did lose a bolt down the black tank!
Old 01-13-2022, 01:11 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
I couldn’t figure a way to put a valve in there. Have to look at the accumulator idea. Can you get a picture from above? Never liked the fact that if the toilet valve goes the whole water system goes.

I did lose a bolt down the black tank!
No pic, sold the RT last year. Just hanging around cuz this is a cool place with awesome and knowledgeable folks.

I didn't do the valve but I would think one could plumb it in next to the fitting for the accumulator with an additional flexible supply line which is available at any hardware store and appropriate fittings. Just watch the threading.

I really liked what that little accumulator did for the water system and how it cut way back on the pump cycling. IIRC, we had two contact point failures on the pressure switch on Shurflo pumps be for installing the accumulator. No more start/stop when drawing a small flow of water.

HTH, on TDY in Tombstone, AZ at the dry camp "RV park".
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Attached is a toilet manual that should give you an idea of how to remove and replace the toilet valve. It does require removal of the toilet to get to the water shut off valve. This manual is for an older MH but should give you an idea of procedure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toilet Manual.pdf (843.4 KB, 11 views)
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewright33 View Post
My toilet is filling with water and would like to know where the valve is and what to do
2000 roadtrek 200 versitile
Thanks Ann
Hi Ann,

When you learn what's required to 'fix' you toilet, I suggest that you also consider replacing it. The price was lower than I expected, and there are multiple parts that fail, so all new is ......... It is also simple and easy as described earlier, two nuts! It comes with a new gasket too.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:12 PM   #8
Platinum Member

For me the tube coming out of the wall was age hardened causing stress which broke the valve body. I stumbled across an aftermarket vendor advertising a stronger valve plastic.

Would like to replace the age hardened tube but it disappeared into the floor heading for the water pump.

It is a PIA to replace the valve once you get the toilet out. I remember a linkage issue of some sort. Each time I do it I have to learn it all over again.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:08 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Each time I do it I have to learn it all over again.
Story of my current life. The pex connector to the toilet went on mine. I cut it shorter and used a shark connector plus a regular toilet line from the orange box.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #10
Platinum Member

LOL, your toilet is over 20 years old. Replace it, it's easier than repairing and would end up costing you only about $100 more than the repair. Easier to replace than a residential. All JMO
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #11
Platinum Member

She usually doesn’t give us a followup so we won’t know how it was resolved.