I carry a Torque Wrench in my van. It's a useful tool.
My Chevy owner’s manual states to set the wheel nut torque to 140 lb. ft. so I do check the wheel nut torque periodically.
I bought a really cheap one first that broke the first time I used it. I got a refund. For my second one I chose a Mastercraft Maximum 1/2-in.-Drive Torque Wrench from Canadian Tire. It goes on sale regularly. The sales staff will even tell you when it is going to be on sale.
- A precision instrument used for tightening fasteners to a pre-determined torque
- Separate scales for metric and standard
- Adjustment accuracy comparable to a micrometer
- Click noise and/or momentary release when preset torque is reached to prevent damage
- Plastic storage case included
- 50-250 lb/ft. torque range for higher torque applications