Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

American Cruiser
Bronze Member

Registry
RV Name American Cruiser
Year 2000
Make Dodge 3500 Chassis
Model RE2000X
Length 20'
2000 Dodge 3500 Chassis RE2000X
Basic Info Purchased in 2016, my first RV.
Comments: 8 / Views: 4489
Old 10-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Is anyone familiar with this RV? I am a newbie and I don't know how to empty the grey water tank. I thought it would be located where the black water empty valve is but the only handle there is black. Can anyone help this newbie?
canoe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I have a 1999 American Cruiser RE2000 and while there are two sewer vents on the roof, there is only one holding tank. You can crawl underneath to confirm this on your unit. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions. The Cruiser is an awesome camper!
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thank you rjf7g for that information. I'll have to get on a ladder and take a look at the top. I know I have a solar panel up there but that is all I know.

On the panel that tells me how full the tanks are it lists both gray and black so there must be two tanks but maybe they combine into one drain.

One more question if you don't mind..where do you drain the potable water tank?
Old 10-14-2016, 02:11 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I think the monitor is a standard one - I have the same one in my camper. Your best bet is to crawl underneath - you will see one large tank.

In terms of the fresh water tank, mine is on the righthand side at the very rear in the wall - behind carpet once you open the cabinet. The carpet pulls away so you can see it. I have a white plastic petcock on the floor of that cabinet that will drain the fresh water tank.

I hope that helps!
Old 10-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Default Thanks

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Absolutely! Did you find everything? Let me know if you have other questions.

I would love to know the dimensions of your microwave. I thought my was irreparable and could not find a replacement for it. I took it to an electronics shop (after an appliance store had told me it couldn't be repaired) and they fixed it.

Becky
Old 10-18-2016, 01:42 AM   #8
Bronze Member

Becky,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on the microwave dimensions. I have the RV stored away from home since it is too tall to get into the garage. The microwave is 18.25" wide by 9" high by 11.5" deep. The brand is Samsung but I can't see the model number without removing it. It is very basic, just enter the time....no preset buttons like "popcorn" or "thaw".

tip: since the case is metal it makes a great place to store my long knives (or other metal objects) using small rare earth magnets which are extremely strong, won't break loose during travel. You can also buy them with a hole in the center so you can mount them in wood. Great little things to have around.

I haven't crawled underneath yet but will tomorrow. I have it home overnight to plug it in and hook up my satellite dish and receiver to make sure they work before I take off later this week for a maiden voyage to get myself broken in. It is difficult for me to get down on the ground to check it out from underneath but I really want to understand what is there so I will do it tomorrow. I will also get on a ladder and check out what is on the roof.

My rear view camera doesn't work because the video wire from the camera to the monitor doesn't come all, it is unplugged and I can't find the other end. Have you had any experience with wireless rear view cameras that you want to share?

I can't thank you enough for your help. If there is anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask.

John.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:47 AM   #9
Platinum Member

I don't have a rear camera in mine...sorry. Be careful!