Is it at all worth to look at a 1998 Roadtrek 190 with almost 160,000 miles on it? I am looking at one on Craigslist with an asking price of $12,500. Unfortunately it is 400 miles away from me - I can not "just" go there.
I talked to the seller and had basically a very good impression of him. He is selling the RV for his grandparents and has a clear and clean title in hand. His grandparents were the third owners and had the vehicle for about three years.
See also the screen shot of the Craigslist ad below the text. The pictures look good but I know that that can be deceiving. One of the pictures shows that the generator has 474 hours on it.
The seller told me about the vehicle:
- The vehicle runs very good and has no leaks.
- Everything works (he mentioned AC, stove, fridge, and some more).
- It is very clean on the inside.
- The inside cabinets have been painted white which, he thinks, looks very good.
- It has a couple of dings on the body but in general the body looks very good.
- The vehicle might need new shocks (the ride is a little jumpy).
- The tires are still OK but definitely not new.
- The batteries are still working but probably also due to be replaced.
I definitely would have to talk to the seller again before seriously considering to go there, but I am certainly interested in seeing this RV. The asking price is a little below my (limited) budget which means that I could put some money into the vehicle. Moreover, the 1998 Roadtrek 190 is only 8' 4" high (now they are 8' 8" high) and would therefore fit into my carport (which is 8' 5" high), and I think this would be a great advantage.
It would be great to get some feedback about this vehicle. Thanks!