Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #1

Default 2019 Erwin Hymer Simplicity

I was looking recently at the 2019 Erwin Hymer Roadtrek Simplicity at a local RV dealer and was told that the new buyer of Roadtrek (2019) was not honoring any warranty on units that were built buy Erwin Hymer. If that is the case then what are your thoughts about buying a never used 2019 Simplicity with no coach warranty?
rpgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi,
Welcome to the Forums

I don;t have knowledge specific to the later roadtrek/hymer vans

The roadtrek sale to hymer north america and the hymer bankruptcy was a real mess -a swirling vortex over about 5 years

the business pages in Canada document well the misrepresentations to Gov't, suppliers and customers

1.) roadtrek made all kids of technology promises which didnt work

2.) hymer falsified safety certificates ( specific to passenger seating)

3.) many uncompleted hymer units were shipped to lamesa RV and "completed" there- the quality of and the safety status unknown

Having not seen these later units or the one you are looking at - it could be great...but I don;t know.
the general roadtrek situation is a known

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgibbs View Post
I was looking recently at the 2019 Erwin Hymer Roadtrek Simplicity at a local RV dealer and was told that the new buyer of Roadtrek (2019) was not honoring any warranty on units that were built buy Erwin Hymer. If that is the case then what are your thoughts about buying a never used 2019 Simplicity with no coach warranty?

Does never used mean new, never been titled? If yes, then I know that the new Roadtrek will honor a one year warranty but limited to $1,500. I got that directly from Roadtrek.

If used, then with a Simplicity there are no Ecotrek batteries which is the achilles heel of Roadtrek/Hymer, it will have AGM house batteries. All major systems are what one would find on other Class B campervans and may have their own warranties.

I bought a 2018 Carado Banff with Ecotrek batteries in December 2019. These batteries were corrected and upgraded by LaMesa RV in Phoenix, so far, they are operating like a champ. Never an issue and more than enough power to operate the AC overnight (not constantly but on auto maintaining a comfortable temp), running my CPAP and the frig. Also, all systems are functioning like I thought and expected. I would not hesitate to buy a Hymer/Roadtrek. Good luck with your decision.