Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 09:46 PM   #1

Default ‘99 RT P questions...(WARNING:I’m a rookie)

Ok so I just bought this and have scoured the manuals and online and can’t find the answer.. 1) this RT has only one fresh water tank right..? And The fill is at the rear door pass side? I can’t find any other “orange plug” on this thing.
2) the bed in the back seems to be missing a board to complete the “king “ set up. I flip down the board (not sure what it called) but yet there’s a space (See pics). It’s as if a dinette table top would fit perfectly there but the only table mine has is the stowable one behind the drivers seat which won’t work. And I can’t figure out how to make the cushions fit to make the bed. On one of the pics, you’ll see a white, round thing that would seems to fit the dinette pole but I’m not sure. It‘ s actually the top of the storage box/bed. And sorry, I couldn’t get the pics to rotate and they’re taken from the top looking towards the floor.

You’ll also see where something used to be bolted to the side panel under the rear windows where the bed is.. there’s also the same thing about 2’ towards the back door. see pics). 3) I need various parts.. interior round light cover over bed, awning parts, maybe the bed board.. but not sure where to find parts.
Thanks in advance!
Kks334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hey Welcome

I don't have your model- but you can be sure someone smart and with experience of your model will be along shortly

Cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #3

Default Aaand. Now I have a leak...

Where the fresh water fill hoses are spliced together just under the right rear quarter panel. I tried tightening the screw it but can’t get it any tighter. Is there a secret to stopping this leak? Some sort of tape maybe? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85232A31-A6B3-46E5-811F-E8396130A125.jpg (180.1 KB, 8 views)
Kks334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:20 AM   #4
Platinum Member

The round dome light is still available, you can find it online or in catalogues. If you open it up you'll find some markings on it to figure out who makes it...I can't remember.

My van has the front table you have but also a rear table and a plywood spacer in the back. The table is some amount shorter than the slot so there is space to sit down...perhaps 12" shorter? A piece of plywood goes up front in the slot to take up that space. If you really need that table you can buy the pedestal and part that attaches to the bottom of the table.

I think the missing piece on the wall is a spacer. It is down near the bottom of the seat cushion right? It probably kicks out the bottom of the seat when it is in place so that it is not straight up and down. Totally useless if you never make the table/seating area in the back.

You might need some heat to get the hose to tighten snugly.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kks334 View Post
Where the fresh water fill hoses are spliced together just under the right rear quarter panel. I tried tightening the screw it but can’t get it any tighter. Is there a secret to stopping this leak? Some sort of tape maybe? Thanks!
Here is my guess from previous situations I have dealth with. This looks like a repair made by a previous owner,(as you can see from the 2 different screw collars used, one of them obviously not stainless) and there is no reason to have a splice at this location. Standard water fill lines for these units comes in two sizes, 1-3/8" and 1-1/4". If the fill hose is a 1-3/8" and you try to make a splice using a barbed plastic fittings union from your local hardware store you will end up using a 1-1/4" standard hose fitting and it will be impossible to seal and the gap will always remain. Check with your local rv or marine parts supplier and get the right 1-3/8" I.D. fitting, use 2 full stainless collar of proper diameter and your problem should be solved, assuming you have a 1-3/8 line. Hope this is your case
Blueboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Search Thin-lite LED109C Round Light Led. Backwoods Solar seemed to have the best price for the round light.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote