Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Any news on the Metris conversion Recon was working on?

I like Recon's van for the utility in it's small size. It's a great van. I was waiting to see what they will do with the Metris to compare the two. I have no doubt that their engineering team will create a great van.

If a rep from Recon visits this thread there are some things still on the NV200 I'm a little concerned about though:

The size of the roof fan. It looks small to me. However, that doesn't mean that it can't move some serious air. Also, in regards to fans and exhaust. If I'm cooking in the van how is the steam/smoke from a cooktop getting out? Can the vent on the roof still move air with the top down? Can a really small hood like this one be installed above the galley?
https://www.dometic.com/en/se/produc...specifications

Can a full size flexible 100 Watt solar panel be attached to the roof on the same side as the fan? It looks like a panel could fit from behind the vent to the back edge of the roof and still leave enough room on the left side to put a surfboard or something up there without covering too much of the panel that would be under the rack. I'd rather a permanent setup for solar than hanging a portable one off the side of the vehicle.

Can a power outlet be position on the outside of the van near where you can attach the table? You know, you want to relax outside; you've got camp setup, the awning is out, the chairs setup, the table outside but nowhere to plug anything in. Can an outlet be installed to the rear of the vehicle? Maybe on the rear quarter panel behind the sliding door so it doesn't get hit? That would be nice since you would have the table right there.

I'm sure I had other ideas but these are the only ones off the top of my head right now.
EsotericSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Recon is a small operation so you're probably best off emailing Steve Schank directly at info@reconcampers.com

If you choose to go with the larger Metris conversion you could also consider GTRV in California or one of the Terracamper installers such as Sportsmobile or Tourig.

But if you want the smaller NV200 chassis then Recon seems like the best bet. Nice looking workmanship too!
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #3

Hi, Althought your question about the vent when top roof is closed dates from 2015, I was wondering if you got an answer about that? I was wondering the samething myself. If I have no pop up top, is that fan powerfull enough to remove humidity or bring air in.
Thank you for your answer.
Sioramd is offline   Reply With Quote