Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #21

Question

The CrossFit is really appealing to me. I hope to get my first class B in a year-ish, but admit that the MB sprinter chassis make me nervous. I don’t think I could afford to keep one of those running! Plus, I’d rather have a van that’s shorter than 24 feet.

Does anyone know if the Crossfit can basically get all of the same bells and whistles as the galleria? (Insulation, phase change, lithium, 2nd alternator, auto start, induction cooktop, compressor refrigerator, pro air AC).

I ask because I’ll be “stuck” working in the southeast for a few years. I’ll make some escapes to cooler climes, but I will be boondocking down here for the most part. So an efficient AC and “upscaled” electrical will be a must.

I enjoyed watching the tour video. I thought I heard that the answer to my questions above was “yes”, but I want to make sure. Dealer inventories aren’t clear enough for me to tell for sure.

Thx!
Ceci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci View Post
Does anyone know if the Crossfit can basically get all of the same bells and whistles as the galleria? (Insulation, phase change, lithium, 2nd alternator, auto start, induction cooktop, compressor refrigerator, pro air AC).

Thx!
The CrossFit is evolving pretty quickly, and from what I can tell is tracking the Galleria features pretty well. I'm sure that you can already get the better insulation, phase change, lithium, induction stove, & compressor fridge. I'm not sure about the 12v air conditioner, the second alternator and autostart on the Ford chassis.

You can also get an optioned out Ford chassis that's closer to the Mercedes in features. Mine's pretty much a stripped chassis - no Sync3, no lane keeping, etc.
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Sunshine State RV released a video a day or so ago touring a Crossfit with the new 12 Volt a/c unit on it. It wasn't an Li3 unit but it's worth watching. It also has the beautiful white cabinets in it.
Chris Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:37 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci View Post
...Does anyone know if the Crossfit can basically get all of the same bells and whistles as the galleria? (Insulation, phase change, lithium, 2nd alternator, auto start, induction cooktop, compressor refrigerator, pro air AC)...
AFAIK, the second alternator only comes with the Li3 package, which includes a 3000W inverter, no generator. You can also get the Power Plus package with has a 330ah AGM battery and a 2000 watt inverter, keep the generator but no second alternator.

All new Crossfits will have the upgraded insulation, but if you are going to buy from existing dealer inventory, I would call Coachmen with the VIN number (the VIN is more useful to them than the build number - go figure) and ask what options the unit has and whether it was built after the upgraded insulation became standard.

Induction stove tops are a no-cost option except on the Li3 where I believe they are standard. Many of us without the Li3 package prefer to have a propane cooktop with a portable induction tucked in a drawer so that we have a choice, depending on circumstances.

The compressor refrigerator is standard with separate refrigerator and freezer, but the Crossfit is 6.0 CF and I understand the Galleria is 7 CF.

It is my understanding that other than the initial unit on the video, Coachmen is not offering the 12 A/C on Crossifts, but they are likely to provide one if asked on a special order since my experience is that they are very customer-focused.

If you want more information about the Crossfit, you might consider joining the FaceBook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coac...?ref=bookmarks
Old 02-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #25
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
AFAIK, the second alternator only comes with the Li3 package, which includes a 3000W inverter, no generator. You can also get the Power Plus package with has a 330ah AGM battery and a 2000 watt inverter, keep the generator but no second alternator.

All new Crossfits will have the upgraded insulation, but if you are going to buy from existing dealer inventory, I would call Coachmen with the VIN number (the VIN is more useful to them than the build number - go figure) and ask what options the unit has and whether it was built after the upgraded insulation became standard.

Induction stove tops are a no-cost option except on the Li3 where I believe they are standard. Many of us without the Li3 package prefer to have a propane cooktop with a portable induction tucked in a drawer so that we have a choice, depending on circumstances.

The compressor refrigerator is standard with separate refrigerator and freezer, but the Crossfit is 6.0 CF and I understand the Galleria is 7 CF.

It is my understanding that other than the initial unit on the video, Coachmen is not offering the 12 A/C on Crossifts, but they are likely to provide one if asked on a special order since my experience is that they are very customer-focused.

If you want more information about the Crossfit, you might consider joining the FaceBook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coac...?ref=bookmarks
It appears the 12 volt ac is an option, $3k+ as I recall.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hayden View Post
Sunshine State RV released a video a day or so ago touring a Crossfit with the new 12 Volt a/c unit on it. It wasn't an Li3 unit but it's worth watching. It also has the beautiful white cabinets in it.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Thanks for posting that! Makes me want to upgrade from my early Crossfit.

However, I did a poll of the Crossfit and Paseo owners and NO ONE is getting 20 mpg. Based on the poll results, you should expect 15.5-16.5 mpg with no appreciable difference between the 3.5 EcoBoost and the 3.7 normally aspirated engine..
Old 02-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
Thanks for posting that! Makes me want to upgrade from my early Crossfit.

However, I did a poll of the Crossfit and Paseo owners and NO ONE is getting 20 mpg. Based on the poll results, you should expect 15.5-16.5 mpg with no appreciable difference between the 3.5 EcoBoost and the 3.7 normally aspirated engine..
There is some perverse ingredient in human DNA that triggers exaggeration of the size of fish caught and vehicle MPG.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #29
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
There is some perverse ingredient in human DNA that triggers exaggeration of the size of fish caught and vehicle MPG.
Agreed! I have a 2019 coachman CrossFit with the eco-boost and just had a 600 mile trip/mostly interstate and my mpg was 14.9. I have a heavy foot though. That eco-boost is fun to drive!
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:24 AM   #30
Platinum Member

We have a Paseo with the 3.5 EcoBoost, and we are almost always towing a 2000 lb enclosed 5x8 cargo trailer, and we average about 13.5 mpg.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:02 AM   #31
Platinum Member

As far as non-custom OEM vans go, the Galleria has always been a favorite, but now the Crossfit seems to be just as impressive at a MUCH more attractive price point AND without the possible headaches of the Diesel. The 3.5 Ecoboost, in particular, is an appealing engine for a B van.

I've looked at so many B vans I've lost count, but the only one I've seen that I'd actually buy was the Galleria. it offers the kind of electronic I want. I'm tired of manufacturers resisting the move to lithium, higher amounts of solar, etc. People want rigs that allow them to stay off grid longer.

While I am impressed with Coachmen vans, I wasn't all that impressed with the facility in this video. It's appears disorganized and messy, which is never a good sign in my experience.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote