Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 03:17 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Elec overload, 2008 Popular

I think we overloaded putting on the microwave and AC. The reset button on the inverter (under rear seat, pass side) seems dead. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Are the battery/inverter switch need to be in a unique position? I know my shore power coming in is good. Thanks in advance!
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:29 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
I think we overloaded putting on the microwave and AC. The reset button on the inverter (under rear seat, pass side) seems dead. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Are the battery/inverter switch need to be in a unique position? I know my shore power coming in is good. Thanks in advance!

Were you trying to run both on the inverter or shore power?

A stock 190 in 2008 wouldn't be able to run either the AC or microwave on the small modified sine wave inverter.

If you were on shore power, then you probably tripped a breaker either in the van breaker panel by the 3rd seat or the the one on whatever outlet you were plugged in to.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
Platinum Member

As Booster stated, it's probably a tripped breaker. Reset the 30A breaker in the van's electrical panel. Sometimes breakers look like they're on but are not.

Neither the air conditioner nor the microwave oven are supplied either through or by the inverter/charger in a stock '08 with Tripp-Lite inverter. The Tripp-Lite inverter/charger does not supply those two circuits in a stock unit.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Were you trying to run both on the inverter or shore power?

A stock 190 in 2008 wouldn't be able to run either the AC or microwave on the small modified sine wave inverter.

If you were on shore power, then you probably tripped a breaker either in the van breaker panel by the 3rd seat or the the one on whatever outlet you were plugged in to.
Hi Booster….on the same topic would the set up be the same on a stock ‘07 190P. Chevy express chassis?
MsBhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:35 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
Hi Booster….on the same topic would the set up be the same on a stock ‘07 190P. Chevy express chassis?

Our 07 was one of the first out of the new slanted window, new kitchen layout 190s and seems to be the same layout as the 2008s and much different from the previous generation and early 2007s. I would guess our 07 was pretty much the same as a 2008.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:14 AM   #6

Hi Booster ; sorry I wasn’t clear with my question. The topic I was referring to was about the micro and a/c unit not functional unless plugged into shore power. Is that case with an ‘07 190P?
MsBhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:43 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
Hi Booster ; sorry I wasn’t clear with my question. The topic I was referring to was about the micro and a/c unit not functional unless plugged into shore power. Is that case with an ‘07 190P?

Yep, that is the way they are wired. The galley receptacle and the audio cabinet receptacle are the only ones that get inverter power. The small modified sine wave inverter wouldn't run either the AC or microwave, so they don't have them or other outlets except the above two that switch between shore power and inverter.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:44 PM   #8
Platinum Member

They will run on the generator if you have one. The generator models have an automatic transfer switch that flips back and forth between shore power and generator.
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote