Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2022, 07:44 PM   #1

Question Embassy Owners, tell me what you like and don't like

I'm still in the process of refining what I need/want in a class b van.

I feel pretty confident that I want a Ford Transit chassis, and a large lithium bank of batteries. I don't want a black water tank. I live in the southeastern US so using air conditioning often is going to be the norm. So I'd really like to find a manufacturer who is installing something quieter than the typical builder.

So to the Embassy owners out there:
  1. Do you find the AC in your van to be fairly quiet (compared to the typical overhead unit)?
  2. Do you miss having an awning or windows that open? (How do you vent steam etc from cooking inside without an open window?)
  3. Is the rear tent option easy to deploy? Does it take up much interior space?
  4. Does the shower recirculate grey water? How does this work?
  5. Did you opt for solar? If not, does your van autostart to recharge the batteries? How long does it take and how long can you run AC before it's depleted?
Thank you for your help.
Ceci
Ceci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci View Post

I feel pretty confident that I want a Ford Transit chassis, and a large lithium bank of batteries. I don't want a black water tank. I live in the southeastern US so using air conditioning often is going to be the norm. So I'd really like to find a manufacturer who is installing something quieter than the typical builder.

1. Do you find the AC in your van to be fairly quiet (compared to the typical overhead unit)?
  2. Do you miss having an awning or windows that open? (How do you vent steam etc from cooking inside without an open window?)
  5. Did you opt for solar? If not, does your van autostart to recharge the batteries? How long does it take and how long can you run AC before it's depleted?
Thank you for your help.
Ceci
I am not an Embassy owner. You should join the FB EOAW. Post your questions there. I am sure you will get a great response!
Old 05-31-2022, 08:41 PM   #3

Oooo, thx! I didn't think about looking on FB.
Ceci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:54 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thank you for your help.
Ceci
As suggested by Rlum go to the FB Embassy RV Owners and Wannabes site:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/embassyrvownerswannabes

I'm also not an ERV owner, but I have researched them a lot and visited their Elkhart plant last summer. I would buy one in a minute except for their toilets solutions. They just don't work for me or my wife.

You said above that you don't what a black tank so they would be a fine B-van for you as they build mostly on Transits.

Their shower is not recirculating. It is just a standard shower that empties into a grey water tank under the shower. This setup is the other reason I ruled out buying and ERV. They claim the van is all weather and it generally is except for the shower as the grey tank under the floor is NOT cold weather protected.

As I recall Ford does not allow ERV to add auto start.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:34 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oooo, thx! I didn't think about looking on FB.
Some owners will open their vans to potential buyers of ERV for viewing. You sign up with one of the members. I wanted to see in person but none were available to view close enough to me.

Also, I believe their annual get together is coming up this June. If you are close enough to Elkhart, Indiana, you might want to attend to see multiple models.

You can contact Wanda at Embassy RV.